Dutch old no.3 carbine

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Dutch old no.3 carbine

Post by desdem12 »

Picked up a nice carbine for a nice price. This one is all matching EXCEPT the bolt which matches itself. This is a homeland old no3 carbine and has an LD cartouche on the stock. Excellent bore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Re: Dutch old no.3 carbine

Post by desdem12 »

Not sure what the LD stands for but there are a few different cartouches, mainly the LW and the LD which can be found on the stock or the metal. The LW is thought to be landweer which is reserve forces (I think but also fits anti aircraft which also makes sense for the model).
The other rifle is also a homeland old no.3, one from each maker steyr and hembrug.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Nice Des, I like em. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Great condition for an old gun!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice find Des.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Very nice Des, congrats! :Drool1: :thumbsup:
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Thats a nice looking one! Thank you for educating me on these.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

By the way the straight bolts are correct for the homeland carbines. The knil had bent bolt carbines. And the receivers come in white or blue. I have 3 in the white and a knil that was blued at one time.
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Very very cool! I absolutely love the Hembrug stock cartouche. I'm still looking for my first Dutch rifle. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think the cheap gig is up on these as they keep getting higher. I need to stop posting them so they stay cheap :lol: There are some over priced carbines around but out of my range. I am still trying to secure a nice long rifle but those seem to be harder to get and higher. I am of course accepting wayward donated dutch rifles if anyone is wanting to unload them. I can pay a nice cheap price :thumbsup: :chuckles:
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Very cool old carbine! :thumbsup: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Very nice Brad, I knew you were working on them but all the while I thought they were the straight pull type. Amazing how well the carbines shoot keeping right up there with the long guns.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Thanks Yogie, and guys. :thumbsup: Yup these are m95 model rifles and they are mannlicher design but they are turn bolt. Patterned after the 1893 Romanian mannlicher rifles (after a trials of other types). Uses the 6.5x53.5 rimmed mannlicher round which was rumored to be a improvement or at least based on the carcano round. I have not shot these yet but just finished some ammo testing yesterday and have a starting load finaly to start accuracy testing and will be testing one of the carbines. I am using mannlicher schoenauer load data for reference. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Very nice Brad.
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Nice Dez,i've never seen one.
Congrads on finding some nice ones.

http://carbinesforcollectors.com/dutchm95page1.html
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Very nice rifle!
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I love seeing your posts with pictures. Always way up there on the cool factor.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

More fotos from take down. Rifle is in pristine condition. Almost like it was never used. They put numbers on everything. Have seen the R2 mark before but not sure of its meaning yet either
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Nice pickup Brad. Way to score!

By the way, I am still enjoying the Hungarian beauty you introduced me to. She is looking at me right now. :)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum