armed guard class

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
dou44

armed guard class

Post by dou44 »

ImageI took my armed guard class yesterday . I have a friend that does it and he has been trying to get me to take it. I had a =great time and did learn a few things that helped me on my drawing and reloading while on the move. I sold my xd40 sub compact and bought a full size xd40 again. The pistol shot great out of the box and has only had 100 rounds of ammo shot through it. I was the oldest guy taking the class and I out shot all of them. we had a 22 year old guy show up with a air pistol to take the class with and the instructor let him use his glock.
Jbob

Re: armed guard class

Post by Jbob »

Not heard of that class myself but guess it might be something like the IDPA events around our area. Those get exciting sometimes when you have to wear protective gear in case bullets bounce back at you.
All good practice that everyone should take time to learn. Very good shooting by the way...
A J

Post by A J »

I love it when the "old guy" outshoots the young bucks. Way to support the team! :)

Interesting that you sold your compact and bought a full-size. I've toyed with the idea of getting a compact 9mm, but I really like the full-sized versions even though they're a little clunkier. My wife bought a subcompact Beretta. Nice gun but the first time I did a safety check in the store I cut my finger really bad on the slide. It was embarrassing as hell. Full-size pistols never give me that problem.
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

Interesting, A 3. I have the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact, and it's grip and mechanisms on the rear of the slide match the full size frame. That may work better for you.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
A J

Post by A J »

jones0430 wrote:Interesting, A 3. I have the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact, and it's grip and mechanisms on the rear of the slide match the full size frame. That may work better for you.
What works better for me is not trying to rack the slide like a full-size pistol! :wink: In any event, it's her gun and she loves it. It's a tiny gun for tiny hands, I suppose. It's not for me though. Too small.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have some friends that are SWAT instructors, they have invited me to shoot with the trainees. Last time I used my Romanian TT-33 and ran with the big dogs. Yes, you can shoot around corners.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Full sized or sub; I love um all. :mrgreen:
Colt's Government mod, Commander, or Officer's mod / PPKS :bwink:
Not to discount the Sigs, or Glocks, which are also sweet :thumbsup: