Nagant Revolver

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vendetta

Nagant Revolver

Post by Vendetta »

Just ordered my first one from AIM! I am excited. Anyone order one of these recently? Are they good ones?
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nagant Revolver

Post by bunkysdad »

They present them as being a very nice lot of revolvers and this batch is mostly supposed to be from the 30's and 40's with accessories. At 189.00 I only wish I had bought one when they were in stock for 100.00 back in 2012. I kept saying I would grab one sometime, but then they died up. Now I am saying it again. Did you order some ammo too?
Genetically Swiss

Post by Genetically Swiss »

[quote="bunkysdad"] At 189.00 I only wish I had bought one when they were in stock for 100.00 back in 2012. I kept saying I would grab one sometime, but then they died up. Now I am saying it again.

Dude, I am so right there with you on that... :vcool:

GS
"He who shoots first laughs last."

-Lebed-
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It was only about five years ago that J&G had them for 69 or 79 dollars with the goodies included. I bought one, played with it a little and was more than happy to sell it for $100.00.
While they are interesting, and necessary for any Russian/Soviet collection, for function, they have to be the worst revolver ever made. That said, after a short while, I wanted another one. A few months ago, I picked up a non-import, non refurbished, 1915 for $180.00. My memory of the gun was valid, it is a lousy weapon. I have reasonably strong hands and I can not fire the revolver with my index finger alone. That said, it is a treasured part of my humble collection.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah I wished I had bought one when they were $100 but I was just starting so it wasnt a priority. I got an alert from AIM a couple days ago but didnt have the funds. Then my wife texted me today and told me to ahead and order one (she does our finances and I was in the midst of changing the battery in her car in subzero weather, I think she felt bad lol) so I did. AIM says they are excellent condition mostly from the 20s but we shall see. Even if I dont shoot it much, it fills a niche in my collection and will be my first milsurp pistol.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

20's huh? That sounds good. I read on gun-deals.com that they were from the 30's and 40's. Looking forward to seeing yours.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I bought one a couple of months ago; a Tula 1926; a real nice pistol. I am tempted to buy a second from this batch.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

tjtM38 wrote:I bought one a couple of months ago; a Tula 1926; a real nice pistol. I am tempted to buy a second from this batch.
Thats encouraging. Pics?
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

You guys are killing me. I have 4 now. And I want one of these. But I must, must, must, slow down. :angry4:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Come on cracker, you know you need it, you know you want it. #5! Where is the Dr Evil smilie?
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Vendetta wrote:
tjtM38 wrote:I bought one a couple of months ago; a Tula 1926; a real nice pistol. I am tempted to buy a second from this batch.
Thats encouraging. Pics?
Okay; attached...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Excellent. I love the cccp markings. Very nice.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Yeah; these from AIM are nice, so I ordered another this morning.

Edit: I talked to AIM via email and it looks like this batch may be mostly early production. Would be cool if I get something pre-Soviet Union. Developing...
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

tjtM38 wrote:Yeah; these from AIM are nice, so I ordered another this morning.

Edit: I talked to AIM via email and it looks like this batch may be mostly early production. Would be cool if I get something pre-Soviet Union. Developing...
Very interesting. Would be nice to see something WW1 era at the lgs soon!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

What I found very curious that a seller on a auction site had a bunch of these revolvers all the same date. (1921 if I remember correctly) I just don't see how you end up with a bunch of refurbs in the same condition and the same date.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
390ish

Nagant Revolver

Post by 390ish »

There are lots of pre-soviets out there. Hard part is finding one that has not had a. The cool czarist stampings ground away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Got my ship notice today. Hopefully Ill pick it up Wednesday!
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Vendetta wrote:Got my ship notice today. Hopefully Ill pick it up Wednesday!
:thumbsup: You'll probably get yours before mine arrives at my local FFL. I'm guessing my revolver will be here sometime towards the end of next week. Please post some pics of yours when you get it.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

tjtM38 wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Got my ship notice today. Hopefully Ill pick it up Wednesday!
[emoji106] You'll probably get yours before mine arrives at my local FFL. I'm guessing my revolver will be here sometime towards the end of next week. Please post some pics of yours when you get it.
Will do. You do the same!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Well you all twisted my arm. I wanted an older one so I had to submit an order.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F