Just Bought Sniper

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
deansova

Just Bought Sniper

Post by deansova »

Ok i bought this sniper guy said he has had it for along time more than 20 years. No import marks I took it all apart stock and all. Scope and mount are not numbered to the gun. Bolt, appears to have had number ground off restamped to match gun, Mag bottom is numbered only once and matches gun, Butt plate does not match gun at all no electropencil marks any place. I put a laser bore sighter in it it is very close just as it sits. Anyone who can tell me anything about it or wants to give me a call and tell me what I have i would appreciate it Merry Christmas Dean Sova 313-299-9533ImageImage
jones0430

Re: Just Bought Sniper

Post by jones0430 »

you haz a sniper.

Rusty surface on it too. Clean it up and arrest the rust. Shoot the sucker and see where it prints.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Interesting rifle from the few photos we have. Can you take more? We love photos! Based on what I can see, it appears to have original bluing. It is a 1944 Izhevsk. The scope does not appear to be original or is a variant of the PU scope I have not seen before.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Let me see some pictures of that, don't be shy now :thumbsup: Might talk me into buying one. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

That appears to be a very early style PU scope, (see below link, towards the top of pg 2)

http://www.mosinnagant.net/sniper%20sec ... otos12.asp

More pics of the scope and rifle would be great.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin