Finn M27

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
lmc8541

Finn M27

Post by lmc8541 »

one of my nicer pieces. had it for 6 or 7 years.
USMC '85-'89 Weapons Co. 1/5 SSP
Deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his Rifle!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Finn M27

Post by Rongo »

That one looks very nice. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

SWEEEEEEET :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Nice Finn! I am looking for one, but haven't had even a hint of a trail so far here!

Thanks for posting up the photos :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Very nice.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The M27 is a nice shooter, looks like you have a 1934 if I see correctly, nice stock on that one :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

M27's are one of my favorite. That one is a nice "looker". 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dolk
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

That sure is a nice one! Like as not went through after war refurbing by the look of it. You got the best of both worlds there do you realize it? You got a rifle that saw enough action it had to be worked on after the war to make it worth keeping in storage for later action. It looks great and has a history, what more could you want?

I had an M27 that was my best shooter and was at a range in Delaware working her out and my buddy wrote a check for $500 and said here I want that rifle. In a moment of weakness and poorness I took the check and surrendered the rifle. What a buyer's remorse I had about that for years! He died about maybe 8 years ago and his wife and son said they would like me to take care of selling off the rifles. Sounds easy huh? A nice gesture for somebody I still miss Huh? He had about 150 rifles and he lived in NJ right down the street from a State Police Barracks that was very active day and night. I made 3 late night trips back from NJ with rifles over a two month period. It took 6 months to sell them off to dealer buddies and when I got done I had made over $10,000 bucks for the widow. I also sold off the two big safes he had to buddies too. My pay for this act of kindness was my M27 back. Would you believe it was among the missing after I got done? I trusted the one son but I always wondered if the other one had taken it just for spite as I never did got along with him. So I basically did it for nothing other than I bought two rifles from the collection for myself after I realized my old M27 was among the missing. I would take Old Rusty, my buddy back in a minute to never again have the M27 but God just doesn't have a give back program to my knowledge. Often think of him and others when alone at the range and wonder if you can use a range up there and if I will be able to see like I could when younger? One can always hope at least! Bill :wink:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey Bill, I am sure that when we get there, we will have perfect vision, that way we can see the street of gold, and see the friends and loved ones there that patiently have been waiting for us. That is a shame about the rifle being missing.
lmc, you have a beautiful M27 for sure, and I couldn't keep my eyes off that nice Remington 870 as well. I don't have to ask about that one, I am well familiar with the most excellent Remington shotguns.