Rarest & most uncommon Mosin Nagant in your Collection

Post your model specific Mosin here!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Rarest & most uncommon Mosin Nagant in your Collection

Post by Rongo »

For all of you who have more than one Mosin Nagant in your collection.... What is the rarest & most uncommon? Or the top 3 rarest & most uncommon?

Share your rarest top 3 out of YOUR collection here.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
lafayette gregory

Re: Rarest & most uncommon Mosin Nagant in your Collection

Post by lafayette gregory »

I think mine are relatively common but, My rarest are my 1891's, My very clean T53 and my 91/59. I guess the Romanian would come in somewhere and the sniper version. I also have this really ugly black painted one with a strange rear site a T in a triangle,dated 1932 with a sa in a box on the side. Should I strip it? Just Kidding :lol:
MadisonAV

Post by MadisonAV »

1. My rarest and most uncommon should arrive today. If the photos don't lie, it is a Finn M-91 B barrel VKT with a Liege proof stamp. That combination is an 8 on the 7.62.54r.net rarity scale by itself. But it is also an Austrian capture. I'm dying to take it apart and check whether there is receiver evidence it was rechambered for Austrian ammo as some Austrian captures were. If so, the B barrel would have switched it back. Because it was a WW I capture, I'm also interested in the date on the tang. It has to be an Imperial receiver but which factory and year? Here's a bit of a teaser.
It is also a very interesting contrast between spanking new (barrel, sights) and old blueing (cartridge case, barrel bands). It reminds me of a plain old Dodge Dart Sedan with wide tires, dual exhausts and a hemi peeking out the hood. "Take me seriously or you are going to pay!"
2. My second, a 7 rarety, is a 1968 M-39, No Maker, Late Date. However with the number Pat Burns has on her Web site, I'm not sure it deserves that rating.
3. The third is my straight stock Finn M-39. It was the subject of a thread last week.
Last edited by MadisonAV on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MN#1 - Finnish M39 - 1941 - More when it arrives ...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have a Tikka barrel Finn M91 in Russian stock, a antique receiver M39, & several other Mosins including a couple more Finns, and none of them are rare. They may not even be valuable to anyone but me. They are what I have, what I love and enjoy and they make me happy. :)
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Rarest in mine, 1919 Finn capture Tula
then, 1935 Spanish Civil War
Last, a toss up between one stamped XO-47 or the "B" stamped barrel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

My example won't be all that impressive compared to most, but I treasure the rifle all the same!

Out of my small collection, the oddest one is a 1938 91/30 refurb, all matching. She looks like she's been to hell and back but looks like she's still ready for action if need be. She's been around 75 years and will still look like this, no better, no worse, another 75 years from now.

Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Well crud. I really don't know. It would have to be between a Finnish M24, a Finnish P-26 or a Polish PU Sniper. :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea:

This is really hard. I am going to have to go with...............both Finnish P-26 and Polish PU Sniper. Final Answer :biggrin:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=591

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=789&p=7205&hilit=P26#p7205

http://russian-mosin-nagant.com/archive ... =no1+mkIII

Oh it said 3 :idea: Hmmm How about a 1901/1907 No1 MKIII
IMAG0079 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0075 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0071 (Medium).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

I personally think that the Liege proofed M91 and the Polish PU are showcase worthy....

Anywho, my top three:
1. 1934 Izhevsk "PM-86" marked M91/30
2. Non-refurb, non-"D" stamped 1939 M28/30
3. 1943 Izhevsk M44
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Mine would probably be my 1911 Izhevsk M-91 barrel in a 1895 Tula receiver, with both logos on the barrel shank along with a Serbian property mark, in a stock with the German Deutches Reich capture mark. It has the Russian eagles pinged out, or it would be a doozy.
Last edited by SA1911a1 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I amn way behind everybody so mine are the normal ones. A 42 B barrel M39 with a 1894 C reciever and a 46 M44 non refurbed and last a 39 Izhevsk SA and 41 marked. I also have a beat to death hungarian non refurbed that needs more scrutinizing. My favorite one to take out to the range though is by far a 42 Tula. Operates like it was made yesterday, That and the 46 M44 are the most used i have. :D Sorry no pics as i am a movin on up to the west syeed. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

My M24, and my M91 mystery rifle. It has all of the features of a Finnish P-Series rifle, except for the P-xx mark. It also has a very low Ser.#. Oh and I have an all matching T-53.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Do I have to pick? I like them all!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Although I don't TECHNICALLY own it, it has been in my possession for almost 2 years now. The 1928 Izhevsk, triple date, MO, GECO ex sniper...

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

My rarest, well that has to be my 1947 91/30, my 44 Tula hex reciever M38, and my 44 Izhevsk M38 DDR/1\ stamped.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
target

Post by target »

My 1944 Tula is one that sits pretty high on my list.
I don't know how rare this is but its a 1938 izhevsk thats had the barrel shank scrubbed clean. with just an arsenal mark and serial stamped back into place. Only one ive ever seen here.
Then i spose my 1943 Sako on a 1926 Izhevsk receiver.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

The ones I have I wouldn't say they are rare but special in their own way.
1. 1952 mint Polish M44 doesn't look to have been fired. But who knows for sure.
2. 1940 Tikka M91. Built in 1900 at Tula captured by the Austrians (AZF) sold to the Czechs (S*4 property mark) or vice versa and then sold to the Finns who put a new barrel on it in 1940.
3. A couple of triple dated 91/30s.
4. All matching T53 with no import marks and blood pitting. No papers however.
Oh and a 1937 Tula Nagant no import marks, non refurb.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
p-t-max

Post by p-t-max »

Okay, here's my 1942 Izhevsk 91/30 with a rough wartime production factory finish. Even though it has been refurbished it has a slightly bedraggled "been there, done that" look to it.

It also has brass endcaps on the handguard.

Okay, not very rare. Let's see, what else we got here?

Here's my 1936 Izhevsk 91/30 with a much smoother non-wartime factory finish, and I suspect the refurbished stock is not original to this rifle. It's just too nice to have gone through the entire war.

Okay, so still not very rare or uncommon. About as uncommon as grass, in fact. Also, well, these two rifles are the only two Mosin Nagants in my collection. :vsad:

:tongue:

I like 'em, though. :D
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Lemme dig through the bunch, I have to look??
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

This has turned into a great museum thread of its own I think. SWEET :clap: :clap: :clap:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
martin08

Post by martin08 »

By definition of the rarest (least amount remaining), the three models are:

1. M1907 Carbine
2. Japanese Single Shot Trainer (Remington)
3. (2) Polish Wz.M91/98/25

No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....