Tula MO 33/50

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
lmc8541

Tula MO 33/50

Post by lmc8541 »

went to a new store that opened up locally. lots of modern weapons, AR's, pistols, etc. Found an unfired P95 Ruger which I bought but during that transaction the guy asked if I was interested in old guns, naturally I said "maybe?", well he pointed to the corner where there were some mauser barrels sticking up and 1 MN that i recognized easily and upon closer inspection noticed another MN in a synthetic stock, no sights and parts of the bolt were missing. before I could give closer inspection of the 1st one that was complete, which I had my hand on the owner said "since your buying the pistol, i'll let you have that one for $60 and i'll throw in the parts gun." Really? was this true? someone pinch me! yes, it was and when I looked at the receiver I noticed the hex shape, the Tula Star and the double date. now the bad, the bolts a little rusty and the shellac is coming off, but it has the cleaning rod and sling. I will post about the other one later. here are some quick pics of the Tula.
USMC '85-'89 Weapons Co. 1/5 SSP
Deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his Rifle!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tula MO 33/50

Post by Jumperwire »

Well first off, Welcome to the forum. Second, that bubba rifle is ugly as hell, Third Great job on the MO. That one is really nice. and last Nice shoes. :biggrin:
lmc8541

Post by lmc8541 »

that bubba was a Finn VKT M39.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I'd throw that ATi stock on ebay and make my money back quick. Good buy on those!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Let's see a barrel shank shot of the bubba.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
lmc8541

Post by lmc8541 »

no, it's horrible what they done to it.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

lmc8541 wrote:that bubba was a Finn VKT M39.
:hitsfan:

It was.... Now it's a flying turd.

Did they mess up the barrel or receiver? Forget it.... I don't even want to know... :no2:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the forum, well, at least you got a nice MO out of the deal.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Welcome, why do they think plastic looks better than old wood? Nice MO. Where is this local honey hole you speak of?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Plastic is good if you are going to beat the shit out of the rifle hunting, but otherwise they belong on high end commercial tires.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
lmc8541

Post by lmc8541 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Plastic is good if you are going to beat the shit out of the rifle hunting, but otherwise they belong on high end commercial tires.
which is why its on it's way to being my new long range pig gun!
lmc8541

Post by lmc8541 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Welcome, why do they think plastic looks better than old wood? Nice MO. Where is this local honey hole you speak of?
i'm in Bedford now but moved from Mineola, Texas and go out there still frequently. still have property out there and it is my pig slaying playground! anyone wnat to hunt?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Great dealin i would say, Unheard of a $60 double...not these days ...SWEET :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

lmc8541 wrote:
BuckeyeSgt wrote:Welcome, why do they think plastic looks better than old wood? Nice MO. Where is this local honey hole you speak of?
i'm in Bedford now but moved from Mineola, Texas and go out there still frequently. still have property out there and it is my pig slaying playground! anyone wnat to hunt?
Pig = Bacon. I'm in! :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

lmc8541 wrote:
Hell ya!!
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
avenger

Post by avenger »

Nice Rifles..(too bad the one is bubba'd) :vcool: *sniffs the air* Did someone say bacon!!?!?!?!? :big shock: :Drool1:
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

If the metal isn't chopped, the bubba could be fixed.

Nice deals!
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

lmc8541 wrote:

Don't know where you are from BunkysDad but he might be up for it. Where you at BD? Nice MO btw and you have to give more details/pictures of the bubba. It may not be a lost cause. Maybe another diamond in the rough.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

WeldonHunter wrote:
lmc8541 wrote:

Don't know where you are from BunkysDad but he might be up for it. Where you at BD? Nice MO btw and you have to give more details/pictures of the bubba. It may not be a lost cause. Maybe another diamond in the rough.
We are all within about 30 miles apart.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
lmc8541

Post by lmc8541 »

Izhevsk762 wrote:If the metal isn't chopped, the bubba could be fixed.

Nice deals!
which is why its on it's way to being my new long range pig gun!