Scored a deal (in my mind) on fleabay finally!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
daveshady

Scored a deal (in my mind) on fleabay finally!

Post by daveshady »

Been wanting a SA marked 3 pocket leather ammo holder for a while but everyone I would watch 80-130

Well this one had TERRIBLE photos and was dirty as all heck open bid was 80$ but had make offer so I
did 30$ shipped :thumbsup:

Used some high end leather cleaner and a conditioner on it took about 5 minutes and she cleaned up nicely
the best part is the green leather old finn repair on one of the straps. I like that!!!!!

[thumbnail]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 547d746d74[/thumbnail]

[thumbnail]https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=545B5CCF[/thumbnail]

[thumbnail]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7712_n.jpg[/thumbnail]

not pristine and unused but its got character and will add something nice to my Finn Collection :)
Titanium Hammer

Re: Scored a deal (in my mind) on fleabay finally!

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Very nice, congrats! I got one included with an M27 I bought about a year ago. It too had one of the straps repaired with the green Finn leather & has a German manufacturer stamping on it along with a date if I remember correctly. My SA stamp is also in the same place as yours. :thumbsup:
7x57

Post by 7x57 »

Nice items, indeed! I'm also always looking for the correct accessories to my rifles and know only too well how happy sometimes a small but rare and nice item can make...
1910 Arg. Mauser M1909 (long rifle)
1912 Braz. Mauser M1908 (long rifle)
1915 & 1943 Swed. Mauser M96
1934 Persian Mauser M1309
Two 1935 Braz. Mauser M1935 (short rifle)
1937 Braz. Mauser M1935 (long rifle)
1943 Finnish M39 (Sk.Y.)
1943 Izhevsk M1891/30 w. folding bay.
1943 Swiss K31
1947 Dutch "Wilhelmina" Mauser carbine
~1950 Hung. Lámpagyár Kispuska 48M (.22lr cadet rifle)
Two 1952 Hung. 48M
1955 British No. 4 Mk. 2
1968 Finnish M39
1977 6" Korth .357 Magnum
2012 H&K USP Expert .45 ACP
2016 H&K MR308 A3
2016 STEYR AUG Z
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That was a great deal. I don't think I would have even thought to offer 30 bucks on a 80 dollar.item. It never hurts to ask. :P
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Nice find and a really nice deal. :thumbsup:

(looks just like my WWII German)
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

Yeah when I offered 30 I figured start low can't go back down lol. I'll have to post a pic from the auction. It was bad looking.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Nice! It never hurts to throw out an offer, worst they can say is no.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Sgt lamb

Post by Sgt lamb »

30 bucks for that? i bought a pair of them for 9 bucks each,,,, no wait that was like 22 years ago looks like a INT /28 pouch made of reindeer hide 30 bucks isn't bad even back when i bought mine most had, had repairs done to them
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Sgt lamb wrote:30 bucks for that? i bought a pair of them for 9 bucks each,,,, no wait that was like 22 years ago looks like a INT /28 pouch made of reindeer hide 30 bucks isn't bad even back when i bought mine most had, had repairs done to them
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You got my thoughts exactly Sgt! Then I came back to the reality of today!

Very Nice Dave! I love Finn attributed stuff which has Finnish repairs too! I have about a dozen or so old Finnish marked and repaired slings with stitched repairs and SA markings on them. They are without a doubt the ones I like the best of all my Finn slings and only go on special rifles. Great and hard to spot and find these days! Congrats! Bill :D
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

yeah and gas used to be 69 cents!!!! lol

here is a pic from the auction, nice detail looks like it just came out the dirt

[thumbnail]https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=546F5AE0[/thumbnail]

a lil love just a lil woulda helped it sell... but hay jack I did not mind.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

daveshady wrote:yeah and gas used to be 69 cents!!!! lol

here is a pic from the auction, nice detail looks like it just came out the dirt

My Model T said it used to be ten cents youngster :lol: Lazy sellers, I deal with them in the phonograph world all the time, best ones to deal with.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

daveshady wrote:yeah and gas used to be 69 cents!!!! lol

No actually gas was 12.9 cents a gallon when I was a kid and they use to have gas wars where they went even lower during commuting hours to get people to stop and fill up at their station even when the traffic was heavy! We had a great little Henry J which was a much maligned econo car by Kaiser and got 37 MPG for my Mom's feather footed driving style. Should have kept the little thing it would be worth a bunch these days. Had a very close copy of the jeep engine I think? Too many years to be sure but it just ran and ran till a semi tried to crush it with Mom on board one day! That just about crushed the back of it and bent the frame making it the next car to the boneyard. Then we got a 56 Ford Mainline which was a piece of junk and always needing some kind of fixing. Wow I can't believe I even remember all this crap? Time to do the checkbook! Bill :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a pile of rust in the shape of a Henry J out on the back lot, 20-30 years restoration and it could be like new again. I have a Kaiser also, and a Nash Metropolitan. The '56 Ford had the Y block, not a bad engine today with modern oil, but prone to sludge up back then. Rust killed them all in the end, at least here it did.
Theodore Roosevelt