Who wants 54r on strippers?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum

Who wants 54r on strippers?

Post by WWW »

Did a quick google search to see if I could find anything on the 250 rd. tins of 54r on strippers that I picked up the other day.

Ran across this place with some for sale in the green tin like I have, and haven't opened yet. Site says it's Bulgarian FMJ lead core.

http://www.ammo-reloading.com/762x54R-1 ... 347APW.htm

I can't order it thanks to the great State of NY and their ban on internet sales of ammo. :angry4:

So have at it, guys. Site says they have 20 tins left. Good luck.
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.
Sgt lamb

Re: Who wants 54r on strippers?

Post by Sgt lamb »

i do ordered a tin was in the market for some stripper clips which at gun shows around here vendors are asking 2 bucks ea for got the stripper clips for less than it would of cost and a added bonus 250 rounds of lead core ammo i can shoot at my local range

Post by WWW »

How much was the shipping, btw? Just curious, I wasn't going to bother filling out the info to find out since i can't order it anyway.
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Well I filled it out and it was only 14.97 shipping & 70.00 for the can of ammo. Guys, that is a smoking deal by today's standards.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Shipping was $16.86 for 2 cans. This place is actually pretty close to me, I should visit their store.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Sgt lamb

Post by Sgt lamb »

ok, ill ask the dumb question, how good (or not)is this Bulgarian lead core light ball ammo of course it varies from lot to lot but in general terms?

Post by WWW »

Damn, you guys are getting a better deal than I did!

Well, I'm sure they won't last long. At least the place I got mine from had at least 50 tins left.

I'd like to add that Sgt lamb and bunkysdad are right. If the stripper clips aren't selling for $2 each in your area yet, they will be! It's only a matter of time. This is like money in the bank, and free ammo to boot.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

If you collect a can without opening it, in a few years you might be pleasantly surprised at what you have for several reasons. Specially if you can't find it anymore. Heck, there are 50 original stripper clips in that can. What was the question?........oh yeah, I remember. How good is this ammo? One way to find out, but the heavy ball I have is still great stuff.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

bunkysdad wrote:If you collect a can without opening it, in a few years you might be pleasantly surprised at what you have for several reasons. Specially if you can't find it anymore. Heck, there are 50 original stripper clips in that can. What was the question?........oh yeah, I remember. How good is this ammo? One way to find out, but the heavy ball I have is still great stuff.
I am following your advice. I ordered 2 cans and they will be stored unopened with the wooden crates I have now. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
tiberium51

Post by tiberium51 »

I ordered one I'll post pics when it comes in

1942 - Izhevsk Red Letter /25\ 91/30 РВ4363 all matching including bayonet (my baby)
1940 - Izhevsk 91/30 (bubba got ahold of it, waiting to be rebuilt)
[] Front Sight
[x] Rear Sight
[] Stock

Post by WWW »

10 tins left!

Fess up, who else bought some?

They also are selling them in smaller quantities, if you don't want a whole tin. (Obviously from the one tin they opened up)

http://www.ammo-reloading.com/Mosin-Nag ... -PJ003.htm

EDIT: Hmmm... I hope that is just a stock picture they are using, because that link shows the rounds on repro strippers, not the real deal.
Last edited by WWW on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Cool, i just ordered two. I dont have any of these so I'll add them to the stash.

I still have a case of the older 1940s on strippers i havent opened.
Kollaa kestää
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice Lee. I bought a can of those on strippers a few years ago but opened it because I split it with a friend of mine. I like the clips, and they are completely different than the individual ones that WWW linked above. Those are the Chinese repros.
Peadog

Post by Peadog »

I picked up 3.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I got one. I hope its good stuff.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Hammer22801

Post by Hammer22801 »

eBay has 30 clips for $12 with free shipping.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Thanks for the heads up on this WWW. :thumbsup: I just picked up a can. Looks like they have 9 left in stock.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Hammer22801 wrote:eBay has 30 clips for $12 with free shipping.
Are they authentic clips or the crappy repops?
B24

Post by B24 »

Got one headed to Mississippi, 5 left. Thanks for the
heads up.
Historyfan

Post by Historyfan »

Got 2 on the way to Texas. These will stay sealed with my crate of 1975 7.62. Been shooting some new production rounds. Thanks for posting the link.
Dan

1930 Tula 91/30
1934 Ishevsk 91/30
1943 Ishevsk 91/30 Ex Sniper
1944 M44