Molot "Grade B" Hex 9130

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Luthierseye

Molot "Grade B" Hex 9130

Post by Luthierseye »

Well I decided to take a chance on ordering, sight unseen, a Molot Grade B Hex 9130 at $129.99 figuring it was worth the gamble at that price. I am not disappointed! It's a 1933 Izhevsk in a refurb post war stock. And the receiver is a 1933 as well-probably original. Butt plate number matches. Force match on the magazine floor plate. Bore looks real good as well as the bluing. Firing pin came adjusted and head space is correct as well. Can't wait to shoot it. Here's some of the photos-whatcha think?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimpierce7

Re: Molot "Grade B" Hex 9130

Post by jimpierce7 »

looks good! Very nice.
Cold Steele

Post by Cold Steele »

Nice rifle I would say your gamble paid off those grade "B" rifles from what I have seen seem to be in pretty good shape must be a way for the importers or sellers to cover their butts incase someone gets a turd.
"You’re never beaten until you admit it."
General George S. Patton Jr.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I've never even heard "B grade" before. Must have come into the country with the MOLOTs. I think it's just a sales ploy. Looks nice though.
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Nice refurb! I hadn't imagined that a "B" grade was that nice. :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very nice grade B Molot. Only a few chips of an otherwise very nice stock. You'll love shooting these beasts. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Luthierseye

Post by Luthierseye »

Thanks guys. Oh, and the bolt matches as well. There was very little cosmoline to clean off and it came in a fitted die cut box with bayonet & tools. Such a deal!!
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I've been very pleased w/ my "B"'s from Classic.

Just ordered my 2nd PU sniper from them for $599.00, what a deal! :bwink:

That was quite a nice Hex that you got for $129.00. :thumbsup:
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

very very nice winning gamble for you doenst look like even one ding in that stock