Moose bagged with PU Sniper

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bimmey

Moose bagged with PU Sniper

Post by bimmey »

Latest episode of "Life Below Zero" features Agnes Hailstone harvesting a Moose with what looks to be a PU Sniper! The rifle is as long as she is tall, but she puts meat on the table with that Mosin.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
Brake Weight

Re: Moose bagged with PU Sniper

Post by Brake Weight »

Is say that MN is in its intended habitat.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I am thinking that a 203 grain sp bullet from a Mosin should be just the ticket for a powerful, albeit slow moving moose. Imagine how many moose burgers you could make. :P
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

I could definitely be wrong here as I watched the episode when I was half asleep but I thought she started the moose hunt with her PU but when she delivered the kill shot it was with her M39? In any event it was a great episode for Chip & Agnes and chalk up another score for Agnes and one of her Mosins! 8-) :thumbsup:
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

We started watching that show last month and first thing I saw was her and her carbine and the PU that was on the other day looks way different than mine. :lol: I wondered if that light wood color was from bare wood or what so anyone have a guess ? She is a master of the outdoors and they have to be or go hungry. Really like that show, why can't TV do more real shows like that instead of scripted drama BS ? Some shows they throw out there would be interesting if they just let things happen as they would in real life but the phoney crap must pay their bills. Not from me I won't watch any of that goat tripe. I'd hate to be a wild critter there and have Agnes after me..... :o Any show with a MN in it can't be all bad. 8-)
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

When I saw the title I thought you had taken down a moose. I was going to mention how Omaha steaks ships their overpriced beef around the country with coolers and dry ice, how much meat is on a moose, and how many meat eating hungry board members there are here with a birthday sometime this year :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Moose is definitely tasty but I wouldn't call them slow. They are blind as all get out though. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

JoeR wrote:We started watching that show last month and first thing I saw was her and her carbine and the PU that was on the other day looks way different than mine. :lol: I wondered if that light wood color was from bare wood or what so anyone have a guess ? She is a master of the outdoors and they have to be or go hungry. Really like that show, why can't TV do more real shows like that instead of scripted drama BS ? Some shows they throw out there would be interesting if they just let things happen as they would in real life but the phoney crap must pay their bills. Not from me I won't watch any of that goat tripe. I'd hate to be a wild critter there and have Agnes after me..... :o Any show with a MN in it can't be all bad. 8-)
I noticed how light in color that PU was. She was using a PU last year that was a normal color one with the Russian shellac finish. I know that she got that sniper from a board moderator on another MN site that her and Chip are members on. I don't know if it's the same sniper and she's just Bubba'd it or if it's a different one maybe a Romanian, Bulgarian etc? I know she's got a TON of rifles though. Her and Chip are by far the most entertaining segment of that show and always have been. I don't know if they could pull off their own show but I sure would like to see more of them and less of Sue. :roll:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Here she is testing it out. Chip said she uses it a lot but was having trouble making moving shots with it so she uses the M39 more.
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

Yes, I agree Agnes and Chip make the show. They are the "real deal". The others have some good gear and more resources. I think Sue has spent way too much time alone.

Junk Yard Dog, in my neck of the woods you have to be very lucky to get a moose tag. Too bad as there are a few that hang out in the swamp that abuts my property.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Very good shot. Only thing I know about Moose is they are big and mean. Do not honk at one crossing the road in front of you as it will stomp your car. :D
kz1000

Post by kz1000 »

A Møøse once bit my sister.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

None of this is funny.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....