1934 1891/30 DDR MO

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jimpierce7

1934 1891/30 DDR MO

Post by jimpierce7 »

I kind of want to add in "As seen in the WTS section!!"
With all the monickers that this rifle claims, it was the stock that got my attention. As my wife was still recooping from her surgery, I was not able to just pounce on it when Walt put it up.
So I stared at it. With my left eye. Then my right eye. Both eyes. My eyes closed.
Needless to say I was smitten. I am happy to say that no chickens or goats were hurt during the hoodoo voodoo so nobody else would buy it.
Boot tracks all over the box kind of had me worried :shock: But I bet they got there before boxing up the gun.
Why does the bolt always drop on my foot before I find it? :big shock:

Forgive me, I took lots of pictures. And I am stoked. Sunday Sunday Sunday..................

????

double circle k? Must be right on target huh?

just wow. WOW.

clayshooter2

Re: 1934 1891/30 DDR MO

Post by clayshooter2 »

Love that splice! I have yet to come across one with that type of Soviet splice in the wild. Way cool Jim!
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

clayshooter2 wrote:Love that splice! I have yet to come across one with that type of Soviet splice in the wild. Way cool Jim!
:pointup: +1 & nice pick up Jim, congrats! 8-) :thumbsup:
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Glad you like it Jim, I have come across 4 of these (all at th same gun store). As for the boot prints, well they weren't on the box before it shipped. :beek:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Miller Tyme wrote: As for the boot prints, well they weren't on the box before it shipped. :beek:

:shock: oh dear. Must have been a light person then. lol
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That would be the UPS seal of approval. No shit, a good friend of mine works for the company and that is what they call it amongst themselves. I was going to call him to see if he could find the lost box and have it sent to me for safekeeping :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Curious. I can't find anything about it yet. Next to the barely discernible date is a 48/50? Any ideas or is this more mystery?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jimpierce7 wrote:Curious. I can't find anything about it yet. Next to the barely discernible date is a 48/50? Any ideas or is this more mystery?
Do you mean the MO date Jim? Nobody knows what that means, lots of theorizing and bullshit, but there is no documentation to support anything yet. We all come up with our own ideas. It was Stalins USSR, whatever it means is surely something very grim, and unpleasant.
Theodore Roosevelt
mebailj

Post by mebailj »

What do the circle Ks mean. I have a 1934 Izhevsk , and it has three circle Ks on the barrel. I thought to myself-KKK?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mebailj wrote:What do the circle Ks mean. I have a 1934 Izhevsk , and it has three circle Ks on the barrel. I thought to myself-KKK?
The Russians are known for some racism, odd considering I don't believe I have ever seen a black man in any Russian photograph to come my way, however they do not have a Moscow, or St Perersburg chapter of the KKK. That is a strictly American bit of insanity.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

mebailj wrote:What do the circle Ks mean. I have a 1934 Izhevsk , and it has three circle Ks on the barrel. I thought to myself-KKK?
Around here it's a chain of gas stations. On a Mosin, I don't think anyone really knows. Probably an inspection mark, maybe?
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice transfer of ownership on a nice rifle.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

a point of aim on the circle k. As to what that means, I'm still looking. I'm familiar with the MO mystery. Ministry of defense? What I was asking about is right next to the MO and date. The date is real hard to see. I'll go get a better picture if I can.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

these show it better. It is a 48/52

BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Lapin's book lists the K as a point of aim proof.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

ok, I got that they are MO marks. Ask a little, learn a lot. Those (/48/52) mean it is a triple date MO. Amazing how much more special most of my rifles become after I get them and research a little. How the hell did you old dudes do it before Google?
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

jimpierce7 wrote:ok, I got that they are MO marks. Ask a little, learn a lot. Those (/48/52) mean it is a triple date MO. Amazing how much more special most of my rifles become after I get them and research a little. How the hell did you old dudes do it before Google?

Now you need to get it out to the range Jim and give us a full report. :thumbsup:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Jim, your becoming a true collector, watching Walt and these guys will turn us all into a class act. Nice snag, Walt is a class act :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I don't believe ministry of defense to be the meaning of the MO like is commonly claimed. That ministry wasnt formed until after the second dates on many MO rifles.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.