Sako/Sk.Y M39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
djbuck1

Sako/Sk.Y M39

Post by djbuck1 »

'Just bought my "Fourth Horseman" to go with my "B" Barrel, my 1941 Sako, and my 1942 VKT.

Life is good. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lotema

Re: Sako/Sk.Y M39

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: Life is always good when a new rifle is involved!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Nice, congrats! Let us know how she shoots. :thumbsup:
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Nice. :thumbsup: I need a SK Y m39.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Glock Man

Post by Glock Man »

Sweeeet.....congrats on a great pickup.

Glock Man
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:bravo: Glad you got yourself a SKY! It looks good!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :pointleft: :pointleft: :pointleft:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

fintowin wrote:Nice. :thumbsup: I need a SK Y m39.
I heard that my brother!
we might want some new clothes, or something for dinner, or a drink of water, but we both NEED a SKy M39. :P
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Djbuck, you ain't playing around. That is a excellent M39.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Thank you all. There will be a properly documented and reported M39 range day!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's nice to see that somebody is listening to me when I say get all the M39's you can now, it's almost too late. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Congrats. I just picked up my fifth, to go along with a '42 B barrel, '42 Sako, '43 SK.y, and '70 No Maker.

redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:It's nice to see that somebody is listening to me when I say get all the M39's you can now, it's almost too late. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I heard the sermon, JYD. I was looking to buy a M27, M28, and some other Finns. Put it on hold and stayed with a few more M39s. Wish I had more funds.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Man that is nice. Congrats :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

'Just want to give a tip of the old helmet to The Boss. :udaman:

JYD's video on the AV1 B barrel, especially "If you don't have one, I highly recommend that you get one while you can, " really resonated with me. I consider myself fortunate to have acquired The Four Horsemen at pretty reasonable prices (for 2013-2014). The Sk.Y was the priciest at $425, but well worth it.

. . . and this is not to say that they won't be joined by others. ;mywink;
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Good job. I followed the same path. I originally started my collection some years back with the idea of only collecting one example of each basic Mosin. Russian M91, M91/30, M38, M44, 91/38, 91/59, SCW , all the eastern block M44's, and T53. Still need an ex dragoon or dragoon. Then on to Finns. Problem came with my first M39, the '70 no maker. I now have 10 Finns, but 5 are M39. I'm probably done with those now , because I don't have much money and a Tikka, no maker no date, PL, or 48 will be hard to afford. Back to my search for an M27 when the funds build up.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't really have a plan as such. I just like a lot of guns. Like right now, I would really like to find a nice deal on a Sako M39, but would also like a M27 Garand and I guarantee you Junk Yard Dog is probably tired of hearing me talk about a Garand and not doing something about it. Then I would like to find a Mossberg 44 US 22 bolt action. So I just get up and go to work and wonder what will be next. It would be different if I had a nice pile of disposable cash, and I ain't putting anything on a credit card. That would be the beginning of the end for me.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

I love a lot of firearms too, but not in the financial realm of possibility. I'm a historical buff and figured the best way to get a well rounded history lesson was to have one of everything. Also, I can't spend a lot at one time, so the uber rare stuff is out. The most I ever paid for a rifle was $375 for a nice Bohler Stahl M 24. I have to search and hard shop for each one. I was lucky enough to grab an unissued Polish M44 for $275 and a VKT B barrel M91 with Liege proof for about the same. It takes me months to make purchases that take some guys just days. Lol. It's quite exciting when you go slow though.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

The only things I buy on credit are the car (paid off now) and the house (I wish).

I try to have a reserve in case something unusually choice comes up, but it's not always easy.

It's a good thing that I like Mosins so much. American and German milsurps would bust the bank in a hurry.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"