Russia Halts Soviet Ammo Exports

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rapptastic1337

Russia Halts Soviet Ammo Exports

Post by Rapptastic1337 »

http://www.silverdoctors.com/breaking-a ... to-the-us/

Looks like we're gonna be bone dry for awhile.
Fear is the little mind-killer.
qz2026

Re: Russia Halts Soviet Ammo Exports

Post by qz2026 »

I don't shoot Russian ammo anyway. Screw Putin just on GP's... :twisted:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I don't shoot it either.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Here we go AGAIN :shifty: ..........looks like my "investment" stockpile just went up a few more points........ "thumbsup01:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Really, how long do you think that will last? Remember, it hurts Putin more than it hurts the US, and that is right down Obamas ally. For Obama, that's a win, win.

Less money in Putins pocket means harder times for the Russians and their military.

Sometime I wonder who starts some of these rumors too. Maybe it is true, and maybe it's not. If it's not, then someone will make a lot more money off of us. won't they? (Maybe by selling us silver?) Maybe it's true, but I'd like to see it from a more reliable source. This source is trying to scare the hell out of you so you put your money in silver.

Until it shows up on ABC, CBS, FOX, or one of the big news agency, don't help them sell silver and ammo at higher prices. If you pardon the expression, "don't shoot yourself in the foot"! :bwink:

Dolk
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

All that extra ammo I've been stockpiling is looking mighty good right now.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Of course it could be that he isn't halting exports so much as diverting production to the Russian military in anticipation of need.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Genetically Swiss

Post by Genetically Swiss »

I would worry less about Putin stopping sending exports and worry more about Obama stopping imports of same.

GS
"He who shoots first laughs last."

-Lebed-
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Genetically Swiss wrote:I would worry less about Putin stopping sending exports and worry more about Obama stopping imports of same.

GS
Exactly. For Putin to stop exports is a loss for him, and a big plus for Obama. Don't you think Putin wouldn't know that. Hell yes he would. If Putin had stopped export of ammo, don't you think it would be on the news right now? I can believe it when I see it on the new stations, not form someone pushing an agenda.

Anyone else seen it on the news lately? No?

This is how rumors start.
cornflakes

Post by cornflakes »

Rapptastic1337 wrote:http://www.silverdoctors.com/breaking-a ... to-the-us/

Looks like we're gonna be bone dry for awhile.
Its been a while since i've posted. I'm a forum deserter I suppose.

Anyway..... This is all rumor.... no fact. Its crap like this that starts panic buying! Don't help spread the fear please.
rustytruck

Post by rustytruck »

There's still Romanian and Bulgarian supplies. And Ukraine if they aren't overrun in the near future.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

I would worry less about Putin stopping sending exports and worry more about Obama stopping imports of same.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

And the price gouging begins from even the tiniest rumor of a change in ammo anything..... I have been putting off getting some SKS ammo so i deserve it I guess. :vconfused:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have enough x39 to last forever as little as I shoot it.
Pip6214

Post by Pip6214 »

Apparently, its nothing but a rumor.
http://www.thebangswitch.com/is-the-x39 ... to-an-end/
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's been five years at least since I fired any 7.62x39
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

dolk wrote:
Genetically Swiss wrote:I would worry less about Putin stopping sending exports and worry more about Obama stopping imports of same.

GS
Exactly. For Putin to stop exports is a loss for him, and a big plus for Obama. Don't you think Putin wouldn't know that. Hell yes he would. If Putin had stopped export of ammo, don't you think it would be on the news right now? I can believe it when I see it on the new stations, not form someone pushing an agenda.

Anyone else seen it on the news lately? No?

This is how rumors start.

That's what my thinking is. I haven't seen anything on the news about this and no vendors I've talked to have been made aware of this by distributors. I saw this link yesterday on another forum and noticed a small run on some calibers. Mainly 7.62x39. Mainly what I noticed is no one anywhere including the article quoting any credible source. Most all of them trace back to this Silverdoctors website which itself makes general claims while not quoting anyone or place specifically. If you do a Google search using the search terms "Russia stops ammo imports" the first results come back with other places referring to this same article on the Silver Doctors with direct quotes from it. As a matter of fact in that article there's a link in this statement "We have only several days supply of 7.62 on hand currently at SDBullion under normal market conditions, and expect it will disappear as quickly as 22 LR once word of the Russian export halt spreads." that takes you to page to buy 7.62x39 they or a subsidiary has for sale. Trust me if I hear anything to substantiate this claim this will be the first place I will post about it.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:It's been five years at least since I fired any 7.62x39
Did you go through withdrawl? Night sweats? Are your 7.62x39 firearms all jealous of that Ruger you bust loose with occasionally?
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Tee hee! I only have 2 SKS's and I shoot them along with other rifles as fill in. I used to shoot 22's so my Ammo would last longer, but now I think it is the other way around.
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

I bet just mentioning this to the guys at my home town coffee shop would cause a local run. They buy up everything and wonder why it's always gone. I'm sure several of them bought up a bunch when they first heard Russia mentioned on the news.