Chicom Ak Poster.

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Chicom Ak Poster.

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

Found this Chicom Type-56 and 56-1 Comparision of Milled and Stamped Reciever's. The only thing Missing is the Type-56-2 Sidefolder, and the Type-56-3 AKSU Krinkov version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Re: Chicom Ak Poster.

PLA Soldiers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: What is the guy in the back carrying?
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

SKS?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Hobe Sound Falcon

Appears to be. Both the Type-56 Rifle(AK) and the Type-56 Carbine(SKS) were adopted and Started the Same Year. My Type-53 Carbine, was at the very end of Production of 1956 Carbine's. They did not have 2 Full Months of Production before Both Type-56 Weapon System's took off. That is why a 1956 made Chinese Type-56 is so valuable to find. and very seldon in Matching Number's as I got mine in. 1956 also saw them starting to stop the pratice of Stamping the Butt Plate with Serial Number, as mine never had one. Then for some strange reason. they came back for one 1 Year, 1960 and did one special Run, with compleately different Serial Number System's and the only of the Type-53's to have the 26 Factory Logo in the Triangle Shape. They also Stamped both the Butt Plate again, and started for the first time. stamping the Serial Number on the Side of the Left Rear Stock, like an SKS. They must have had a special reason to have one last Yearly Run of Production of Type-53's. This is the only reason the last of the Mosin-Nagants Family started in 1891 made it to 1960. The 1960's had a who 12 Month Run. Mine, not even 2. That is why you dont see so many of the 1956 Guns. One of the things I recall reading off the old http://www.gunboards.com site before the old site Crashed, was a Post on Type-56 Production Figures. I wished I had copied it. That is how I found out that all 1956 Made Type-53's started in the 4 Million Serial Range. I forgot how far they went, but mine would have been by their guessing, the 2nd or 3rd Week of Feb. so at the very last of the Run. I think I only found 1 person on Gunboards when I was there, that had a Serial Number past Mine. Which is also who I am: 4045481
Drago

Post by Drago »

Post some pics of your AK if you still own it! i have a Polytech sidefolder and love it. Trigger is smooth as butter.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Hobe Sound Falcon

No longer have a Side Folder, just my Stampe Underfolder.