The replacement for my buckmark

Rim Fire Firearms
ponycarman

The replacement for my buckmark

Post by ponycarman »

Picked this up yesterday. I have a buckmark but it has given me nothing but problems. It is being sold and this is the replacement. Hopefully I have better luck with this.

Ruger mark iii target

Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: The replacement for my buckmark

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
entropy

Post by entropy »

The only problem you will have with a Ruger Mk(I,II,III) is reassembly. Once you learn the trick, it's simple. :wink:

Enjoy your Ruger, you will like it. A MkI was the first gun I ever fired. At 5 yrs. old.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

The assembly/reassembly of these can be a be-iotch. If you search Rimfirecentral.com you will find a guy that sells a steel replacement for the plastic loaded chamber indicator
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks guys. I took it apart last night. It was a pain. Not because of the way it has to be done. Just because it is insanely tight. Had to use a soft mallet to remove and install the mainspring assembly. I'm sure it will loosen up some after its done some more.

If the loaded chamber indicator causes issues I may just remove it. If not I'll just leave it be. Might do something with the stupid magazine disconnect though.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I love these Mark III's. Built like a brick **** house. Enjoy your new toy, these are a blast to shoot. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

If this one gives you trouble I'll eat my RMNF hat!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Haha thanks. I'm anticipating that it will do just fine . My buckmark been very problematic. First it started dropping mags after a couple shots. Replaced the mag catch and it went away. Next it started failing to eject the casing out and they would get caught in the slide. That problem has gotten very bad. About 3 or more malfunctions per mag.

I've had good experiences with ruger. Two 10-22 rifles and an lcr. This mark iii is stout and feels great. Only downsides are the disassembly/reassembly and the slide has a tendancy to pinch my fingers if I lower the slide instead of letting it go. It feels good though. Love the weight of it. The grip angle is a bit different but not bad at all.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Took this pistol on its maiden voyage today. Did great. No malfunctions with 4 different cheap ammos. Put around 150 rnds through it. Very accurate too. I'm very happy with it. Also it is easy enough for me to dissasemble pretty much by hand now.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
awesomeinforensics

Post by awesomeinforensics »

Nice pistol, I love my Ruger MkII.
1925r Izhevsk ex Dragoon
1934 Tula 91/30
1943 Izhevsk 91/30
Winchester Model 1873 circa 1886
NRA Life Member

Gentlemen there are 2 "finks" among us!
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Nice!! :thumbsup:
You will love it.

I have a Mark 1 and it is my wife's.

You can beat a Ruger!!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

ponycarman wrote:Took this pistol on its maiden voyage today. Did great. No malfunctions with 4 different cheap ammos. Put around 150 rnds through it. Very accurate too. I'm very happy with it. Also it is easy enough for me to dissasemble pretty much by hand now.
Don't know if you've heard of these guys http://www.tandemkross.com/Ruger-Mark-III_c_11.html but they have a bunch of accessories for these and other work around parts to make using these a lot easier. I know them and they're good guys to deal with. Bruce aka Mogunner our own Elby sight adjust tool manufacturer can also speak for them. http://www.tandemkross.com/Mosin-Nagant ... _p_84.html
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Sweet! Thanks for the link. I've been giving some of their parts some thought already. Removing the loaded chamber indicators and magazine disconnect would be nice. Thought about putting in some volquartsen trigger stuff as well. But until then I'm just gonna shoot it :twisted:

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Celt

Post by Celt »

:D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Howdy mr. celt!

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
rustytruck

Post by rustytruck »

Go to http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/22pts.htm

Order part CLK-515B (Clark Blue Oversized Hammer Pin & Hammer Bushing Kit).

You can thank me later.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Why the oversized pin?

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)