Will we have a shortage?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Pureform

Will we have a shortage?

Post by Pureform »

Well seems like obama has an issue with russia...what you think...Will we see a shortage in ammo and rifles...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Will we have a shortage?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, but it will be because they are fighting, not because of O.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I won't. :thumbsup:
Kollaa kestää
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Personally, I think there will be some problems experienced by the 1st level exporters who are shipping stuff out of the Ukraine. I think the 'Mo;ot' exports from the Russian Federation (or whatever it's called this week) may cost a bit more but will still be available. With our military as stretched as it is, we can't (and should not) get involved militarily. Obama and Kerry are just talking to talk. "O" needs to play more golf
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

I'm not sure why Obama is getting any heat for this. Putin is going after one of the former block countries, unless we want to go to war with Russia (which would be very bad) what is O supposed to do..
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

There already is a shortage of sorts and we all know the importation of these pieces of history will eventually stop. Be it now or years from now is anybody's guess. Events like what is happening in the Ukraine will most likely disturb the flow of exports, we will just have to wait and see what happens. But BO has no role in this and it would be disastrous for him to attempt and take a role in it. All we can do is wait and see what happens. Hopefully this will all blow over and our imports will see little if no disruption.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

"O " Is not the issue here, what we will or will not do isn't either, No politics. This is just a question about if we will, or will not possibly experience shortages of ammo or rifles from Ukraine because of the current unpleasantness over there. The answer is probably yes, we are not talking about the unpleasantness itself, there is another thread were we are doing that to a limited extent.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Pureform wrote:Well seems like obama has an issue with russia...what you think...Will we see a shortage in ammo and rifles...
Yes
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

I agree that it won't be the US causing anything but their internal struggle. If you don't have a gun, a mosin and a tin of ammo look really good. But other semi-autos will probably be affected first since they look even better. It may even slow down some of the new cheaper European arms coming out of places like Serbia.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Lee-online wrote:I won't. :thumbsup:
:pointup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Not being smug here, but I am glad now that I bought when I did, even if it pinched a bit.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

And if I may be so bold, if Sovi . . . er . . . Russian armor rolls into any part of the Ukraine, just watch our allies who have been celebrating our demise start wetting themselves and praying for a return of the US Army to their soil. In fact, we sent some armor back to Europe about two weeks ago. Not much, but the timing was not coincidental.
Doc A

Post by Doc A »

I ordered some 7.72x54 today. Not as much as I would have liked, but some is better than none.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I expect this will be an excuse to cut of importation of firearms and ammo from Russia. Remember all the inexpensive Norinco ammo we used to have available?
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Well that's it. I know where I can lay my hands on another spam can at a good price, so winter storm be damned, I'm off to get it.

Or two.
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I too am off to pick up some 7.62x 54R, only 150 rounds of commercial but comes with a m28/30 I am getting. :)
Kollaa kestää
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Lee-online wrote:I too am off to pick up some 7.62x 54R, only 150 rounds of commercial but comes with a m28/30 I am getting. :)
I caught that at the end and did a double take! (DOUBLE READ?) You best be posting pics of it when it comes home if your'e gonna tease us ahead of time!
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

every time I look at this thread I go buy another crate of ammo!! Sheesh.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

TAKE UP RELOADING! :biggrin:

I began to load for the 7.62X54R and have found it to be a breeze..... 148 grn .311 Brit 303 bullets, H4895 or better still BL-C2 (Ball) powder and any primer. Brass is still reasonable and dies are easy to get.

I still shoot LOTS of MilSup, make no mistake (yesterday I went thru 100+ rounds of MilSup and 25 of my own), but I also have a supply of components that will keep me in the fight for some time as it were...... :shifty: :chuckles:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

As long as people ask "will there be a shortage" ......there will be a shortage.

Most of these shortages in the last few years (especially ammo) were panic driven.

Shortage of AR type weapons and ammo when Obama was elected

Shortage when he was re-elected followed by Feinstein/Obama attempt to ban "assault rifles"

Shortage when Homeland Security bought tons of ammo

Now (probably) fear of Ukrane.