Good adolescent book on Eastern Front

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
kwillindy

Good adolescent book on Eastern Front

Post by kwillindy »

Soldier X by Don Wulffson, my kid got it at his middle school Scholastic book fair. Well-written, and just the right length and detail for this audience. I enjoyed it too. Tells some hard truths about modern(ish) warfare. Includes a good sprinkling of German and Russian, plus mentions of Mausers and Simonovas. Worth finding for your tween or teen, IMHO.
desdem12

Re: Good adolescent book on Eastern Front

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The suggestion being that we have a short attention span? :chuckles: That may be true for one or two of us... :shock:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kwillindy

Post by kwillindy »

LOL! I meant the target audience, but... :lol:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:The suggestion being that we have a short attention span? :chuckles: That may be true for one or two of us... :shock:
Does that mean you are volunteering for evaluation? Just asking that's all. Bill :lol: :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zeebill wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:The suggestion being that we have a short attention span? :chuckles: That may be true for one or two of us... :shock:
Does that mean you are volunteering for evaluation? Just asking that's all. Bill :lol: :lol:
No, I don't suffer from a short attention sp.....oh look, there goes a pretty bird, reminds me of Easter Chocolate birds, mmmmmmm....chocolate....chocolate wrapped with bacon :Drool1: .......what were we talking about??
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Very cool!
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

I loved that book when I was in school.. I still have it somewhere....

found it!!!!!
kwillindy

Post by kwillindy »

How cool -- both copies. I had no idea it's been around a while. Of course, I didn't look at the copyight date either. Duh!
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

What ? :?: :? I'm almost surprised that in todays pussified world that schools would allow a book with guns in it, even if it is important historically. :vconfused:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
rustytruck

Post by rustytruck »

Thanks for the recommendation, I ordered it for my younger boy.

Yesterday he brought home one called "Sniper" about a Russian trained by Zaytsev. He got that in the public school library, so no issues with the content locally it seems.
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

kwillindy wrote:Soldier X by Don Wulffson, my kid got it at his middle school Scholastic book fair. Well-written, and just the right length and detail for this audience. I enjoyed it too. Tells some hard truths about modern(ish) warfare. Includes a good sprinkling of German and Russian, plus mentions of Mausers and Simonovas. Worth finding for your tween or teen, IMHO.

Thanks for the Tip :!: :vcool:

1. M39 Finn, 7.62x54mm 1944 Sako
2. M38, 7.62x54mm 1943 Izhevsk
3. M44, 7.62x54 mm 1945 Izhevsk
4. SKS, Russian, 7.62x39mm 1951 Tula
5. SKS Chinese #26, 7.62x39mm
6. SKS Chinese #316, 7.62x39mm
7. M48, Yugoslav, Mauser 8x57mm
8. Air Rifle .22, Beeman RS2

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

kwillindy wrote:How cool -- both copies. I had no idea it's been around a while. Of course, I didn't look at the copyight date either. Duh!
yea im pretty sure I read it in late middleschool lol