Re: 1893 French Chatellerault finn?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Someone is offering to sell this rifle for 575... posting a link with around 40 pics... maybe you guys can tell me what it is and if its worth it...
http://imageshack.com/user/pureformbonsai
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Yep, 1893 dated Chatellerault M91. Spent time in Finnish hands . Looks to be complete and in nice condition. $575 ? Well , that depends on your wallet. I will say that it wouldnt surprise me to see one go for that much on GB . On a forum or local sale I would think thats a bit high..
Jim

Pureform

Post by Pureform »

ffeng31 wrote:Yep, 1893 dated Chatellerault M91. Spent time in Finnish hands . Looks to be complete and in nice condition. $575 ? Well , that depends on your wallet. I will say that it wouldnt surprise me to see one go for that much on GB . On a forum or local sale I would think thats a bit high..
The barrel looks like alot of pitting in the front and missing some metal by the wall... wood not bad...he said it matches the bolt only...the mag and buttplate is scrubbed...
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The guy asked me to post it here in the want ads. Seemed legit. Was told it sold but now there's lots of confusion. Im not sure what's going on, I wouldnt touch it now unless face to face with all the b.s.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

racerguy00 wrote:The guy asked me to post it here in the want ads. Seemed legit. Was told it sold but now there's lots of confusion. Im not sure what's going on, I wouldnt touch it now unless face to face with all the b.s.
I'm in touch with him on Facebook...maybe it's a different guy...
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 28&t=19006

Here are the photos he sent me on FaceBook.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

racerguy00 wrote:http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 28&t=19006

Here are the photos he sent me on FaceBook.
Yea that's the guy
Gsragtop

Re: Re: 1893 French Chatellerault finn?

Post by Gsragtop »

What I don't get is why his FTF price is $75 less then his shipping price (at least from his FB posts)
Pureform

Re: Re: 1893 French Chatellerault finn?

Post by Pureform »

Gsragtop wrote:What I don't get is why his FTF price is $75 less then his shipping price (at least from his FB posts)
Hmm now this is getting fishy
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Unknown. I agreed to help him out then he started posting it everywhere. Buyer beware. Not saying its screwy but too much b.s. for my liking now.
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

The only thing I do not care for is that the Stock is about 60yrs. newer than the 1893 Mosin Nagant - Chatellerault... It is a War-Time Finnish Stock... I would prefer the stock to the original... However the price is OK... This Rifle will continue to go up in value... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

i saw that on F book also, looks really nice.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Lower face to face price could be a pretty big clue that the pictures are not showing a negative aspect of the rifle you would see in a face to face deal. When the same rifle pops up all over the place I am awful skeptical about the deal and would only except a face to face deal and at a place of my choosing. You can't carry around $600 in cash or any form these days with someone you don't know at all knowing you have it. The rifle for some reason does not look like it came with that stock until recently? Hope it is just not a bunch of parts somebody built into a rifle? Bill :?:
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

racerguy00 wrote:Unknown. I agreed to help him out then he started posting it everywhere. Buyer beware. Not saying its screwy but too much b.s. for my liking now.
This is why you need to stop hanging out on Mosin related Facebook pages Dave! :lol:

(Except for the snap shot you got of the girl in the Soviet ammo t-shirt, I'll give you that one)