Cabela's - are they molots?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zedteamk2

Cabela's - are they molots?

Post by zedteamk2 »

I got a gift card for cabela's and am thinking of expanding my collection.... i think it has to be more than one to qualify as a collection right?
The Mosins that i have seen at Gander Mountain and Cabelas recently have all looked pretty good but i think they are Molot's.
I'm not overly against a molot, but given the choice i think i would choose something different.
The ones i have seen have been imported by PW Arms.
I did not have time to take a good look, but i did snap a quick pic.
I think i will head back on the weekend and take my time .... The guy at gander mountain is supposed to call me when they open the next crate- maybe i should wait on that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cabela's - are they molots?

Post by bunkysdad »

Here is what I think I know. The rifles at Cabelas lately have been Molots, but looked pretty nice from the ones I saw at the Cabelas in Allen Texas. The other thing I think I am safe in saying is that waiting on Gander Mountain might be a long wait.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Look through this thread below and you'll see what some of the marks that are on Molots look like and where they might be. Some are hidden under the handguard but the there's others that are viewable. Look for the RNC in the diamond <>. If it has that it's a Molot. http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 64&t=16579
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

The recent lot of laminated 91/30's by PW Arms are Molot. The big stamp in under the hand guard. J&G has them also at $129.