barrel stock rings instal tips requested

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
global650

barrel stock rings instal tips requested

Post by global650 »

re assembling the mosin all going well

tips for getting those rings back on without scratching up the stock ??? stuck and having issues with one

can you spread them out a bit ?

the open end of it faces down correct ?

thanks a lot
Titanium Hammer

Re: barrel stock rings instal tips requested

Post by Titanium Hammer »

:You can oil up the rings a bit to help them slide over the stock carefully without doing damage to the shellac. Yes, they can be spread just a bit with a flat screwdriver again, carefully, and yes the open end faces down. Oh, and welcome to the Forum. :thumbsup:
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I put a good coat of lemon oil on before, and if they're really tight ones, I'll take a small screwdriver and pry them apart a tiny bit to help.
global650

Post by global650 »

and having the clips in the right order helps lol oh man
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I stick the tips of my Leatherman tools needle nose pliers into the joint and spread it open a bit to help get them on and off.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt