My M27

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Axios

My M27

Post by Axios »

I've participated in a Mosin forum before, but I don't know what happened to it. Anyway, I was lured here as my interest in Mosin-Nagant rifles and carbines has flared up again. I just wanted to show off my baby, a 1934 Tikka M27, both D and F marked. I've never opened her up, so I don't know any details on the receiver. Also, I have this one pic, which doesn't show the sling, however the sling is installed on a swinging hook up front and a rotating swivel in the butt. I know I need to take new pics...

Hoping I could understand this rifle even more now, with your help:

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. - Thomas Jefferson
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My M27

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, nice rifle :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. M27 with an upgraded popsickle stick front. More pics are needed to tell you more but possibly was refurbed. Has the skitrooper rear sling swivel looks like. :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

Very nice rifle... :pointleft: :pointleft: :pointleft:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Very nice. Yep, we definitely need more pics! Welcome to the Forum. There's a lot of good knowledgeable people here. 8-) :Drool1: :thumbsup:
gurn

Post by gurn »

Wow, that's beautiful. I sooooo need an M27
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

Nice, very nice !!! Welcome to the forum...
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Indeed a nice looking rifle! Does it have yet the winged bolt connector piece? We for sure would greatly enjoy more pictures. Welcome to the forum and enjoy what you see and can learn! Bill ;mywink;
Axios

Post by Axios »

I will take more pics ASAP. Get some close ups of the markings and swivel/sling. Anything else I should focus on?
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. - Thomas Jefferson
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Very nice rifle. :) cant wait for more pictures.
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Yes indeedy! Gotta get one of those. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Axios

Post by Axios »

Took a few more pics tonight. Now to get them uploaded and posted. BTW, no wings on the bolt. But the serial's on the receiver and bolt match. No numbers anywhere else. Also, this the "fat" stock.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just size the pics down to at least 480x620 before trying to load onto the board, or link to photobucket like I do.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Axios

Post by Axios »

Front swivel:

Rear swivel:

Bolt:

Receiver:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Well the first thing I noticed is the non upgraded sight.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Interesting for sure. It was updated to the D throat and yet appears as to not have had the receiver reblued with the rest. Has an updated stock but no updated rear sight. Does it have a tang date?
Axios

Post by Axios »

I haven't had the time or the heart to open her up that far. I should, but I really don't want to mess with this piece of history that much. I will, I just have to gather up the time and courage LOL
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Imperial era receiver maybe an american one but I have shitty eyes so hard to tell. :thumbsup:
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Axios wrote:I haven't had the time or the heart to open her up that far. I should, but I really don't want to mess with this piece of history that much. I will, I just have to gather up the time and courage LOL
Don't be scared, just take your time. The Finns really seemed to take a common sense approach in assembling these rifles. I first dreaded taking apart my 91/30 and I took my time and mastered it in no time. Then I acquired my first M39 and dreaded taking it down and again mastered it in no time. Same thing with my M27 so don't worry, just take your time, don't force anything and before you know it you will be wondering why you were so nervous about breaking it down. Just make sure you have a clean and uncluttered space to work in where no small screws or parts can run off and hide. :) :thumbsup: I'm with Des, I would love to know who made the receiver and what the tang date is.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It looks like the magazine may have a sling swivel on it- if so that is a very early hard to find part, and a nice plus.