Anyone here carry a glock 26?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ponycarman

Anyone here carry a glock 26?

Post by ponycarman »

Howdy y'all! Just curious its anyone here carried a glock 26 and if so how? Holsters, position, ext. I have been looking at them a while. I found a used gen 3 last saturday and put it on layaway. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :)
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Anyone here carry a glock 26?

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I don't have a glock but I have the XDs. I carry IWB about 3-4 o'clock. A lot of people like the crossbreed type kydex holsters but I dont like them. I like a nice leather rig. Desantis makes a good one. And my XDs holster is a Winthrop and I love it.

The kydex just seems to be hard to draw and re holster from it. But that's my opinion.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bluegrassman

Post by bluegrassman »

I've carried a g26 as my edc for about a year now. I have several holsters for various occasions but my 2 favorite IWB holsters are a Remora and the MIC.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks guys! I'm gathering ideas for holsters and how I'm going to tote it. So far most of my carry time has been pocket carry with a little iwb mixed in. I have been experimenting with appendix carry and have found for my body style it works quite well and comfortably. Not sure of holster material yet. I have never tried kydex. Just leather.

Buckeye the xds was on my list to compare. It was a toss up really between the xds, shield, and 26. Find a used glock was the tie breaker haha.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I now carry a 27, it replaced my 26. IWB or strong side pancake.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Going to go pick it up today. Gotta get an extra mag or two and decide on a holster. I also want to run it through its paces to make sure it functions properly. :thumbsup:

Pics are coming soon :biggrin:

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I would recommend the "Pearce Grip" model PG-26XL floor plate for at lease one of your mags. The standard floor plate is just too small.

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

The small grip doesn't really bother me. I don't have to have my pinky on the grip. My lcr and cm9 both have short two finger grips. The chunky grip of the glock feels good to me. I will shoot it first and see.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Pony, My "meat hooks" are a little bigger than normal and with "Arthur" visiting my knuckles, that little bit more to hang on to helps. Especially with the Glock 27 in .40 S&W. Now in my Glock Model 36 in .45 ACP, I don't have a problem at all.

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Back to holsters I carry mine in a Blackhawk "CQC" with the belt loop attachment. It releases with a index/trigger finger lever on the outside of the holster. Very quick presentation.

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I wouldn't say may hands are big. Just long skinny fingers. Sometimes it makes getting my trigger finger placement tough with the really small pistols. I don't really think it will be an issue with the glock. I'm sure the 40 cal is more snappy than the 9mm. Hopefully I'll find out this weekend if the weather cooperates. I believe I've seen that holster. It is outside the waistband right?

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

ponycarman wrote:I wouldn't say may hands are big. Just long skinny fingers. Sometimes it makes getting my trigger finger placement tough with the really small pistols. I don't really think it will be an issue with the glock. I'm sure the 40 cal is more snappy than the 9mm. Hopefully I'll find out this weekend if the weather cooperates. I believe I've seen that holster. It is outside the waistband right?
Yes and it comes with a belt loop attachment and a paddle attachment, interchangeable in about 2 minutes with 3 screws.

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I've never tried an outside the waistband holster. I guess I'm afraid I would have trouble concealing it.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)