Is this a good deal?

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
VKT1941

Is this a good deal?

Post by VKT1941 »

Russian SKS Tula in 7.62 x 39 polished bolt with bayonet ,semi automatic..comes with 280 rounds on stripper clips,sling,ammo holder and original shipping wooden box in great condition.all matching numbers..nc residents with valid id... 425 or BEST OFFER. I offered him 400 and he said he'd take it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BubbaDX

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by BubbaDX »

What year? I paid $450 for my '51 Russian SKS from a local gun shop with no ammo. But they did throw in a nice hard case.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
VKT1941

Post by VKT1941 »

He didnt mention an exact date he said if he remember right that was a 1957 but I don't think they made them up to 1957.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Me personally, if he said he would take $400, I would arrange a meeting soon and take the cash with me. The one picture looks good. I have never seen the wooden shipping crate, but I am others on here have.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

$400 up here would be a good price for a Russian regardless of whether it was a refurb or not.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
VKT1941

Post by VKT1941 »

I've never deal with sks's so is there stuff to watch out for?
martin08

Post by martin08 »

VKT1941 wrote:I've never deal with sks's so is there stuff to watch out for?
Not usually a lot to worry about with a Russian SKS. They are pretty tough, and hold their value.

Early ones had a non-chromed bore, so just take a peek down the bore if it from pre-'52.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Id be omw with cash for $400.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
VKT1941

Post by VKT1941 »

got a call from the guy with the rifle about an hour after my last post he was on his way to sell it to a guy who contacted him the day before. I missed two deals two a 1943 german mauser for $150 and then this..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

VKT1941 wrote:got a call from the guy with the rifle about an hour after my last post he was on his way to sell it to a guy who contacted him the day before. I missed two deals two a 1943 german mauser for $150 and then this..
Sometimes it rains shit and you forgot the umbrella, it happens, other things will come along sooner or later.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Hipsh0t

Post by Hipsh0t »

I'd say its a good deal but I like to have either of these availale. 1. plentiful pics 2. handle/see the gun in person. $400.00 for a Russian SKS is good in todays market.