Pat Burns Holiday sale

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
berkmberk1

Pat Burns Holiday sale

Post by berkmberk1 »

I'm sure many of you have known about Pat Burns' M39s for quite some time. I was just wondering, are these holiday sales recurring or is this new? I can't help but be curious about the numbers of rifles she keeps cranking out. Hell, she could probably arm a small army! She not only has the gunsand ammo.com website, but also runs offerings on GunBroker.

The reason I'm curious is that she has been offering a larger selection of weapons with "damaged" (so to speak) stocks. Is it possible she is finally running low? Is she just seizing a good opportunity to clear her stock? I don't know.

Seems like she would have to run out sooner or later. THAT would be depressing. :cry:
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
Armor, Cavalry, Infantry, Recruiting, Transportation
1st Cav, 4 ID, 8 ID, 82d Airborne
qz2026

Re: Pat Burns Holiday sale

Post by qz2026 »

This is the first year that I have seen this "sale" and really loading up the site with new rifles. She should have enough for a small army - she and, I believe, her husband purchased the entire M-39 surplus inventory. That would be a cool story to hear since I don't really know the particulars. But, that is why you don't see them anywhere else. Oh, you'll see some on GB once in a while that don't appear to be from her inventory and you will see ones that are obviously from her but try and find "new" refurbs out there from other than her. You won't.

You would have to ask here why she is doing this. I don't see it as a move one would make if they were running out of inventory. A certain percentage of her rifles will be damaged. It only appears that there are more damaged ones hitting now. You have to remember that there is also a lot more in numbers hitting the site too. My sense is that she is trying to unload the inventory at a faster pace. Why? Who knows. Why don't you ask her?
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Burns' M39's have been a great source of quality rifles. If your seeing more 'damaged' stocks it could be that prices are such that rifles that may not have brought high prices before are getting it currently. I have seen several M39's on auction sites asking BIG $ FOR "IFFY" (damaged) $ 275.00 rifles......just seems to be the current market :)
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

TopperT wrote:Burns' M39's have been a great source of quality rifles. If your seeing more 'damaged' stocks it could be that prices are such that rifles that may not have brought high prices before are getting it currently. I have seen several M39's on auction sites asking BIG $ FOR "IFFY" (damaged) $ 275.00 rifles......just seems to be the current market :)
It's called she's getting further into her stockpiles... Who knows when she will run out, but the inventory is reducing at a steady pace.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

She offers up damaged rifles every now and then. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I need to call her & see if she has any of those purdy striped stock M39's like Dolk has. :Drool1:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

She puts out damaged stock rifles about a few times a year and more so on gb. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I wish I could afford a couple. Either way, if this is the last of her stock or not, they will never get any cheaper.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I always picture this huge warehouse stacked to the ceilings with crates of M-39's. Probably far from that but I really don't know that she knows what she has until they break into a new crate to clean, photograph and put up on the site. Someone must have a manifest of these rifles either from doing an inventory or from an initial invoice. Maybe someone has already been through all of them and has cataloged it all. who knows.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Might have come in on pallets only and have to start at the top and go down. :thumbsup:
husker51

Post by husker51 »

I've noticed how she sometimes shows rifles as "Sold", removes them from the list and then they show up again on the next list of rifles she posts for sale. One thing is certain, she has sold a bunch and there are many M39s out there now. So I believe the market is stable where it is now and the prices are solid currently. I believe any increase in retail pricing will be minimal for quite a while now. I bought my first M39 from her about two years ago when the number of hits on her site was at 184,000+. Now they are at 448,708. She sure has a lot of 1944s posted right now. :2cents:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953