Siberian winter

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
crwjr

Siberian winter

Post by crwjr »

Its snowing fairly hard here in Indiana :very mad: Kinda makes me want to take one or two of the ol MN's out and use one of my Inlaws horses for bait and see if I cant get an Indiana wolf "coyote" to come in and then snipe it... :lol: "I am still like a rock, I put snow into my mouth so the enemy cant see my breath. :D " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe ill just pop in enemy at the gates and watch it today :!: :!: :toast:
”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
~George Washington
pacanis

Re: Siberian winter

Post by pacanis »

ugh. That means it's headed my way. I've been enjoying winter without snow.
Have fun! (watching the movie) :wink:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I've often wondered how the Mauser 98K fared against it's Russian Mosin Nagant counterpart during the dead of Russian winter. I'm guessing the Russians and there guns were much more prepared for cold weather combat.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

tjtM38 wrote:I've often wondered how the Mauser 98K fared against it's Russian Mosin Nagant counterpart during the dead of Russian winter. I'm guessing the Russians and there guns were much more prepared for cold weather combat.
Didn't I read somewhere that the reason Mogin Nagants have short stocks is for the layers of clothing? That's thinking ahead if that is true.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I found this internet source which is an interesting read about Russian vs. German weapons on the Eastern Front:

http://www.theredsoldier.com/snow-steel-weapons.html
crwjr

Post by crwjr »

I have heard that the stocks are short for thick clothing also :D Only if I had the balls to do this to one of my baby's, I would bury it in packed snow until tonight and then dig it out and fire it at a Nazi shaped target about 200 yards away :clap: just to see how she would perform :lol: I bet it would run flawless through all five shots :toast:
”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
~George Washington
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You guys must be young yet...I have no love for goin out in the snow and playin with a mosin or anyother gun. I would however chase some deer in the snow....IF I HAD TOO. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Chumlee Bumsnag

Post by Chumlee Bumsnag »

It's pouring rain out here on the left coast. I'm debating heading to the range to fire-form some brass for the M-44's. Problem is I'm hung-over and can't imagine being beside an M-44 for very long. Damn vodka.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

WHAT...THEY SELL VODKA IN CANADA???? I thought it was acountry wide law that you could only drink canadian whiskey or canadian beer or both together (prefered i am guessing)?? :P
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)