Classic has Molot 91/30 $99

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
rustytruck

Classic has Molot 91/30 $99

Post by rustytruck »

They are calling them "B grade" because apparently some have some nicks and so forth from unsecured bayonets in shipping.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-elig ... 9130wbayob
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Classic has Molot 91/30 $99

Post by bunkysdad »

Titanium Hammer already beat you to it and posted this very same title a little while before this one. It sounds like a good deal. Scratched are normal on Mosins
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I didn't see Hammer's post... Picked up two for S&G's to see what I get. Took forever to get in the sight. :D
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

So these are Molot you say? I think I will pass....
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Rongo wrote:So these are Molot you say? I think I will pass....

Makes two of us! :o Bill
Jlr2267

Post by Jlr2267 »

What's the deal with Molot?
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I ordered one to see what they look like BUT :attn:

You should see the Izhevsk 1944 M44 Molot that I got from Widener's which I think was re-blued, wood in great condition, and a pristine bore. The s/n on the mag doesn't match "restrike" and the bolt may have been re-serialized by grinding off the original S/N and re-stamped? I got it for a shooter to see what everybody was talking about the flash and bang from a M44.

I had ordered a 91/30 laminate from Centerfire Systems for $119 because I don't intend to shoot my '20's - '30's Hexs from Tula & Izhevsk, unless I have a weak moment, but it's wood is in excellent condition and the bore is very good w/ frosting present. :bwink:

Both of the above lock up good and check out with the firing pin protrusion ck and Elby gauges.

I'll post pixs when it arrives from Classic and let everyone know what a typical non-select (+$10.00) one looks like. :vcool:

$116.02 out the door including S&H. :P

LGS are selling these for $150.00 :pointleft:

Therefore; haven't left any $$$ on the table and can always sell/trade it for what I've got in it if I don't like it. :devil2:
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Funny. For a while, all I had was 91/30s. Now I have no 91/30s, just M91s and M39s. I needs me a 91/30 again.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Sirex wrote:Funny. For a while, all I had was 91/30s. Now I have no 91/30s, just M91s and M39s. I needs me a 91/30 again.
For $100.00 + S&H what are you waiting for, it's not 5 years ago; they're not going to get any cheaper and for a shooter? Go for it! :devil2:
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Joeinthehills wrote:
Sirex wrote:Funny. For a while, all I had was 91/30s. Now I have no 91/30s, just M91s and M39s. I needs me a 91/30 again.
For $100.00 + S&H what are you waiting for, it's not 5 years ago; they're not going to get any cheaper and for a shooter? Go for it! :devil2:
Cuz back in my day, we could get them for $49.99. I'm waiting for prices to come back down. 8-)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Jlr2267 wrote:
Well it's been discussed around here for some time & I'm not going to rehash old conversion regarding them. Let's just say I prefer Military Surplus rifles & not the recent Molot offerings of... How do I say; "Hunting Rifles". Not me... That's what "molot" calls them though.

I still think on those wishes we all had for years regarding finding a way to get Mosin Nagant rifles imported from the Soviet Union. Brings me to the old saying of "Be careful of what you wish for"... :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Jlr2267 wrote:
A bit more explanation...

Please read>>>>Molot rifles....."Real", or "Fake"?

Longcolt44 bought a Molot

"Dang that entropy"
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Cuz back in my day, we could get them for $49.99. I'm waiting for prices to come back down. 8-)[/quote]

20 years ago I was into USGI rifles, w/ the exception of a couple of 98K's and a Type 99, but the prices will not come down IMHO, aka supply and demand as more folks look at a '06/308 rifle for under $150. :pointup:

I look @ my USGI purchases that are now worth X's 4 or better what I paid for them back then, and the ammo is 2-1/2 X's what I paid for it, except for the last Frankford Arsenal Match @ $1.00/rd. if you can find it available? :vcool: