New products

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Bugelson

Re: New products

Post by Bugelson »

Molot has been selling also SVT-40s, SVDs and SKSs to Finland lately. SVT-40s were all late production AVT-40s (de-automatized of course) with brand new bores. Mixmaster but not all electopenciled.

I was thinking buying but then I learned that all those rifles had been butchered i.e. bayonet locking lugs ground off and SKSs bayonets removed. Stupid Russian gun laws demanded those rifles to be turned to "hunting rifles" to export them. Sad...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I don't think we will be seeing these in the US anytime soon, but you never know.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

I would love to have a PPSh in my collection, Molot or not!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Take a look at that PPsh Jim, that reminds me of Arlington Ordinance / Blue Sky M1 Garands and M1 carbines. Not likely any will end up here though thanks to BATF.

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Interesting post Def. We might see some kind of PPSH parts kit over here similar to the Finn parts kits (M31's?)that have been around for a while.
Titanium Hammer

Btw....I see the white Molot boxes next to that Maxim. Interesting to see where the box says "Designed & made in Russia". Any idea what is in those boxes? :vconfused:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

DEF my understanding is there's a voluntary restraint, signed by Russia, from selling firearms to the US that happened during the Clinton Administration. That's after a ban instituted during George Bush Sr.'s administration. The Clinton deal just extended it to certain features. This is a quote from another forum but I seem to remember it's basically what happened.

"Remember that the reason you don't see Russian AK's imported into the US market is not a result of the Clinton Ban but a result of the ban Bush Sr. enacted back in '89. That's the ban that halted import of AK's in their current configuration. True, the weapons ban killed AK's being sent to the US market with some of the "assault rifle" features and the Clinton Ban got rid of pistol grips and bayonet lugs and things like that. The Chinese ban was a separate ban that was a result of an ATF sting operation where Norinco representatives were caught bringing in AK's in full-auto and selling them on the black market in California."
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Well, a Maxim,...Well guys how about this :brolleyes: ... Judi and her Maxim's ;mywink; :biggrin: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;

Good post ..Thank you for the information. Can you post some pictures of your city and the WW 2 battle areas. Thank you, Judi
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Titanium Hammer

Def wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:"Remember that the reason you don't see Russian AK's imported into the US market is not a result of the Clinton Ban but a result of the ban Bush Sr. enacted back in '89. That's the ban that halted import of AK's in their current configuration. True, the weapons ban killed AK's being sent to the US market with some of the "assault rifle" features and the Clinton Ban got rid of pistol grips and bayonet lugs and things like that. The Chinese ban was a separate ban that was a result of an ATF sting operation where Norinco representatives were caught bringing in AK's in full-auto and selling them on the black market in California."
Aha, so you do have some idiotism going on as well as we do... :mrgreen: These restrictions seem ridiculous knowing that you can have handguns, full-autos, military ammo, and even tanks with live canons (at least that's what they say at sat-tv shows).
Judi and her Mosins wrote:Can you post some pictures of your city and the WW 2 battle areas.
http://www.stalingrad-battle.ru/
I don't recomend you using google-translate since it's jamming flashplayer. Choose one of tours at 7-th section of menu: Виртуальные экскурсии. Also there are plenty of interesting videos at 11-th and 12-th: Музейное телевидение, Кинозал.
Yeah, we've definitely got our share of dumb laws over here & the media has no problem these days initially reporting every shooting as involving an "assault rifle" and then coming up with all kinds of idiotic renderings of such. One of the more recent "assault rifle" incidents showed a shotgun with a grenade launcher mounted to it. The media doesn't care about accuracy of their reporting only that they are the first to report anything. Another recent incident involving a media reported "assault rifle" turned out to be a .22lr dressed up to look like an AK of some sort.
As for tanks, yes some high end collectors do own tanks from WWII and Korea but I don't know anything about the laws that regulate those. The only incident I have heard of involving a tank was this one in which a guy went crazy and stole a tank from an armory in San Diego about 6 years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUoUKEIGoo