And here is #10

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
kamakazi339

And here is #10

Post by kamakazi339 »

Im not 100% sure im correct buuuttt It is a 1914 m91. I believe its a peter the great? Very nice condition. Only a couple of problems with it. 2 small drill holes in it from where someone displayed it... Sad really but not very noticeable. Something really cool is it looks as if the initials L E C are carved in the stock. Rather cool I think. Not matching as you can see. It is my first m91 though and it got it for a steal!

[thumbnail=center]Image[/thumbnail]

Question for yall as well the number stamped in the side of the receive what is the significance of that. I know on ex snipers what it is but idk on this one.

Oh and buckeye now you can discuss this rifle ;)
etprescottazusa91

Re: And here is #10

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Nice, love those early dated rifles :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice number ten, :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: The number on the receiver is a sort of import mark. They wanted a serial on the receiver in American fashion so the restamped it there.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Nice! The holes aren't noticable because I can't see them on my phone. :lol:
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

you can just see the edge of one under the sling escutcheon (spelling)
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, So, this is what all the chatter was about. If you don't mind me asking "what is a steal", just curious to the prices of an early tula M91. Oh, and "very nice" rifle I may add. It looks to still retain the original bluing .. "cool find". Very clean.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Really nice. :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very Nice :vcool: :vcool:

I don't see any damn holes anywhere :roll:
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

ill take a pic of them later then so I can prove they exist lol
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, come on now, at less give us the ball park price of what you paid. over/under $300??, I swear, I won't tell any one...
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

waaayyy under $300
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, Glad to see you are here. I got my 1917 sestroryetsk for $175 , are we close? Yours by fare, is in much better condition than mine. Yet, mine was Finned and yet bubbaed ; an idiot with sandpaper... Come on now , your wife will not find out the price: heck I won't tell her.. don't even know her..
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

lol no wife yet lol but my girlfriend will be none to pleased lol. Ill let people take a few more guesses then ill spill the beans. I also just realized the CMP pulled the money out for my garand so I guess they've got some?
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

HELLO, Thanks for the tip, that's one, high on the list.. now for the M1A aka M-14. got to love USGI surplus.. You're just a tease..on the price of the M91.. I'll just have to wait,then..
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Very nice :thumbsup: :Drool1: :Drool1: . I also like them M-91 and that is in very good condition. So how nuch di you pay ? I will tell the wife if you do not sell it to me. Nice find was that a local find or on line ? Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
neal45

Post by neal45 »

Looks like you got a beautiful "Balkan" that has not been scrubbed. The metal shims under the barrel bands are the indicator of "Balkan" use. The arsenal mark stamping is nice and sharp.

Congratulations.
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

Ok ok... lol I guess I can tell yall what I paid for it..... drum roll please...... $140 cash :thumbsup:

And here comes the horror story. The guy who sold it to me told me that this was about 2 hours from him chopping it down and making It into a sporter :big shock: Im glad I saved the poor lass
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, about time you let the cat out of the bag. Good Deal..and Great Save. Looks to have brass rivets on the hand guard. I can't wait to see more pics.. A nice #10. What is next?
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Looks great :Drool1: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23