Enfield no 4 mk 1/3 rear sight question

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
cjo1971

Enfield no 4 mk 1/3 rear sight question

Post by cjo1971 »

I'm putting the rifle back to original configuration and have a couple of rear sight questions. Of course I need the sight but the plunger and spring as well? What keeps the tension when flipping the sight up? Thanks
desdem12

Re: Enfield no 4 mk 1/3 rear sight question

Post by desdem12 »

Well not sure on the enfields but the mosin has a flat spring in the bottom of the sight base. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Let me start off by saying I'm not 100% sure, because I have a flip sight on my Savage and I never disassembled it. I thought I'd damage the retaining pin when taking it down. That said, I think you are correct about the plunger and spring being needed. You'll need a couple pins as well. The retaining pin and rear sight pin. You'll need the rear sight as well, obviously. Take your time and don't force anything. Good luck.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Whoops, I was thinking no.1 type. :oops: :oops:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)