What's a fair price on this?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Patient957

What's a fair price on this?

Post by Patient957 »

1915 M91 Finn Capture. I wanted to get an idea of what these are worth before making an offer.

boltaction

Re: What's a fair price on this?

Post by boltaction »

You have a tula barrel ,sestroryetsk rear sight blade and izhersk sight spring just from the pic. Don't see any SA marks. But looks like could be Finned rifle. Is the receiver Tula? What about the bolt? I got my Finned M91 sestroryetsk for 160.00 2 months ago. Is that a fair price, I thought so. Make him a offer. they don't make that rifle anymore. Price a subject to the area you live in.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Probably not any responses because there is not enough info in just one picture of the barrel and receiver, but I could easily see 300.00+ if the rest looks as good as this picture. Less than 300.00 might be a bargain. If it has been modified from original in any way 100 bucks max and that's being nice.
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

I agree with bunkysdad. $300 sounds about right.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

TulaTom wrote:I agree with bunkysdad. $300 sounds about right.
:pointup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, just took a look on AL. The stock looks right. I Like the finn sling hardware. Rifle looks complete minus the cleaning rod. I don't know about 400.00 .. Ask for more pics .. It's been on the site for a few days now. He said he hasn't shot it yet.not into that rifle.. low ball is always a good place to start. The seller has no need for it. Just the way I would go about it. Offer 200.00 as a starting point, he got it in a trade.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I agree with the low ball thing that BA :pointup: is suggesting. I would top out under 350 with a possible of 325 if and only if it is in good shape and everything is there. Not worth 400 to me (yet). This is a peter the great rifle (tula) so is a neat one to have. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Patient957

Post by Patient957 »

Thanks for the responses. I have only seen one M91 in person here (at $100 in local pawn...that I lost to another customer in front of me) so really no clue on the worth. I know this rifle appears to exceed anything I have in my collection. Here are some more pictures. It appears that the best I am gonna get is $350. Which I am leaning towards paying. GB is off limits for me (don't ask :D ) so these are hard to come by.

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That being the case then I would do it in your case. These are worth having and that is in pretty nice condition it looks like. You dont have to pay shipping or transfer so I think that is at least in the ballpark of fair. After a year or even less it wont make any matters at all. Good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yep, it looks good, and is Finn captured too. 350.00 sounds fair to me if that's all he'll do good luck
Patient957

Post by Patient957 »

Thanks for the input guys. I am gonna pick her up tomorrow.
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello , Glad to see you found your fair price. It sure is a finned rifle, spliced stock and all. From what I can see on the pics; the bolt and barrel have the same # # # s,?? If so, may even be the correct tula reciever... Good finned find. You guys in the east have all the luck. I still would have started off with a lower price, to see if he'd bite. It's all part of the bargain.
Patient957

Post by Patient957 »

boltaction wrote:Hello , Glad to see you found your fair price. It sure is a finned rifle, spliced stock and all. From what I can see on the pics; the bolt and barrel have the same # # # s,?? If so, may even be the correct tula reciever... Good finned find. You guys in the east have all the luck. I still would have started off with a lower price, to see if he'd bite. It's all part of the bargain.
Oh trust me I did, but he claimed he had a lot of interest and another buyer at $340 that was meeting up this weekend. Not much I could do there but top it. I am cheap when it comes to most things and this is more than I want to spend but I figured what the heck, I could get this really nice rare one that's been through both World Wars or 2 standard refurbs. Looking at it that way made me say go for it. I just wanted to check here to make sure I wasn't getting totally screwed. :shock:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I couldn't agree more.
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, "Very Well Put". You found what liked, didn't want to miss another.. You did the right thing, you bought it.. Just think someday you can say "And this was my FIRST m-91" Hey, and what is 10 buck any way.... a good night sleep in this case... Sleep well.