C&R license

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jimpierce7

C&R license

Post by jimpierce7 »

The app seems pretty simple and straight forward. Except for section 10. Maybe I missed something.

10.Nonimmigrant Alien Certification of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B). If Additional Space is Needed, Use a Separate Sheet.

what is this about? Hunting license or permit number? huh?

I guess I could them (BATF) but its almost 9:30. lol

My quest is going on. I believe I have laid eyes on my first Mosin.

-Izhevsk arsenal
-round receiver(low wall)
-excellent overall condition
-bluing 100%
-numbers matching including bayonet
-rifling is strong and non counter bore
-cosmoline(no)
-head space and firing pin protrusion has been checked.
Additional information:
KO tombstone marked(unknown representation)

I really want an M91. or M24, or P-series maybe. The 31 1/3" barrel is the target.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BuckeyeSgt

Re: C&R license

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

A lot of the guys here have the C&R so I will leave that to them. That is a pretty cool find with the tombstone and a /25\ mark. Interesting.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

you skip section 10, that is unless you are a non-immigrant alien
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

yeah, and all I need to do is polish it out with a dry rag and go shoot it. oh boy oh boy.........
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I was hoping that was the situation!! Thanks!
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Don't get your C&R as it will lead to serious problems, as I can attest too! :angry4:

You will begin your quest, and it will lead to other multiple (encounters) purchases, which is beyond any rational control. :bwink:

It's an addiction, although I'm not a medical doctor purchasing these kinds of milsup rifles is one in the same. :shifty:

You will become an addict, If you continue down this road. :devil2:
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

It is quite possibly the best, and the worst, $30 you will ever spend...
Jim

qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Don't let JoeInTheHills fool you. I have a C&R and am very happy with it. Although I don't currently live in the hills, but since I acquired my C&R, I do live in a van down by the river. Just ran out of room at the house. :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Most expensive 30 bucks I have ever spent. I had to buy a new house cause I ran out of room in the apartment I lived in and wanted a better hood too. Cost at least a good 200,000 for that piece of paper.... :roll:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bws

Post by bws »

had mine for a month and I'm already in for at least 6K.
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Joeinthehills wrote:Don't get your C&R as it will lead to serious problems, as I can attest too! :angry4:

You will begin your quest, and it will lead to other multiple (encounters) purchases, which is beyond any rational control. :bwink:

It's an addiction, although I'm not a medical doctor purchasing these kinds of milsup rifles is one in the same. :shifty:

You will become an addict, If you continue down this road. :devil2:
He speaks the truth. I have been in recovery for about 7 months, but I think I may just fall (or jump) off the wagon. Copes free shipping along with the sale on 91/30s may get the best of me.
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

and all I wanted was something cheap to shoot......... lol
RudyN

Post by RudyN »

Remember that this will be come an addiction, but the best kind. I bought a 91/30 to do WWII reenacting. I now have ten Mosin-Nagant variations not counting stuff from other countries. It is a lot of fun. :mrgreen: The only problem is that I now need another safe. :tongue:
Rudy N
1926 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
1929 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
1935 Tula 91/30
1943 Izhevsk 91/30
1943 Tula 91/30
1943 Tula M38
1944 Izhevsk M44
1944 VKT M39
1928 SIG M28
1956 T53
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

RudyN wrote:Remember that this will be come an addiction, but the best kind. I bought a 91/30 to do WWII reenacting. I now have ten Mosin-Nagant variations not counting stuff from other countries. It is a lot of fun. :mrgreen: The only problem is that I now need another safe. :tongue:

Just ONE safe?
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Matt72601

Post by Matt72601 »

Very nice to have when you have crappy gun shows around your area.. Much better selection online :)