GunBroker crap

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

GunBroker crap

Post by racerguy00 »

I recently been on an antique rifle from an FFL holder on Gunbroker. I asked for clarification on their shipment status of the rifle if I were to win it due to the fact it was an antique. Their response was that the ATF does not recognize this firearm as being an antique due to the fact that it fires commercially-available ammunition. Also the rifle must be shipped to an FFL, they did not honor C&Rs. Ugh. Here we go again.

I explained that in fact the ATF did recognize this rifle is being an antique do to manufacture date and included the appropriate ruling as listed on the ATF website. I also said that this policy could potentially be costing them higher bids.

Their final response was that do to the fact that I was asking them to do something that could potentially cause them to run afoul of the ATF I was being blocked from bidding on their future auctions.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GunBroker crap

Post by Longcolt44 »

Sorry Racer but they do have a right to not recognise your license. As for blocking you from their auctions, they can do that too, It is their loss. The seller here definitely has his wires crossed but it is within his rights as a seller. You can't fix stupid.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

There's no point in arguing with people who don't know the rules. I figure their loss as their item would probably bid higher. There's a Finn'd 91/30 on GB right now and the asshat seller requires written prior approval for C&Rs. I'm not going to bother with it and the bids probably won't go very high because he's cutting out so many buyers.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Just have to read their requirements before you bid. Like said, you can't fix stupid. At least you didn't win the bid and then find out and either have to pay a transfer fee or bail out and get a bad mark. I always double check if they will take C&R and postage costs. That wouldn't have helped with this clown.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I knew their requirements before I bid but wanted to double check so I could take fees into account before I bid higher. I only asked about it because in the past some sellers have used the same shipping info for all auctions out of convenience but changed it once it was brought up. Never was banned before though. Lol. Oh well.

My local FFL fees are now $35 and going higher soon.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Yeah. FFL transfer fees range from $25-$60 up here.
finloq

Post by finloq »

Rate's right up there with sellers that flat out won't sell to CA.
Let's cut down on our customer base by 38 million people. That'll drive business.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
husker51

Post by husker51 »

I've been watching GB for quite some time now and I have noticed the wide variety of sellers that come and go on there. Most make me somewhat skeptical of their knowledge of what they are selling, not to mention their knowledge of the BATFE laws. Consequently I have been reluctant to bid on many C&R rifles. :2cents:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
kc9aop

Post by kc9aop »

I generally like GB but have run into the same issues with a C&R. I'm very careful to check with the seller first to be sure they will accept my C&R (some list that they do right in the auction).

If I get even the slightest bad vibe I pass. These purchases are optional and I can spend my hard earned with whom I please.

I can't figure out why anyone would refuse to make a legal transaction but if they are that stupid I can wait until I find another good deal.

Jim

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
bws

Post by bws »

Racer,

While I know it's a tough pill to swallow for you it's their loss. Plus, if they choose to argue the law I'd question the legitimacy of their FFL. So maybe this is a blessing in disguise for you. Besides, at some point in time in the very near future, a nicer rifle will be available at a better price from someone who doesn't suck. Seriously, their loss!
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Seriously, Screw 'em! :moon: :moon:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Longcolt44 wrote:Sorry Racer but they do have a right to not recognise your license. As for blocking you from their auctions, they can do that too, It is their loss. The seller here definitely has his wires crossed but it is within his rights as a seller. You can't fix stupid.
You know I was going to say that's just simple minded and it's frustrating as hell dealing with idiots but "you can't fix stupid" was so much better. LMAO!!!
Emdawg

Post by Emdawg »

Sad when an FFL, who is supposed to know the laws so he can sell with his license, doesn't know the laws.
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Dave, we must have been watching the same one. I just asked about a C&R and they blocked me also. I still would have bought it sending to a FFL. They lost a sale instead. I'll take my business else where I know my money and C&R are good every place else. Judi and he Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Feel free to publicize the sellers name here so we all know not to bid with them. I have a serious grouch about people who are too ignorant, or flat out lazy to learn the rules if they plan to sell anything.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I know its within the sellers right to exclude anyone they want from buying their product, but banning you from bidding on his auctions just because you ask a question is a load of crap. I agree with JYD, a little public humiliation might be enough to make this ignoramus crack open a book and figure out what the laws really are.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

I had a LGS say the very same thing about a month ago........'course he was also asking $ 295.00 for round receiver "run of the mill" 91/30'S THAT HE CLAIMED WERE ALL MATCHING NUMBERS........ :chuckles:

I mentioned "forced matching" and got a speech on Russian rifles which was 90 Bull Shit. I smiled and walked away......S I A S D. So sayeth Gomp. :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Stopsign32v wrote:I get it...I do. But a FFL is only $15 and plus every rifle I have sent to him to transfer to me is headspace checked and he is always there to receive the package.

Yours is only $15.00 but what about mine where it is anywhere from $30 to $45
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

TopperT

Post by TopperT »

$ 50.00 here! :big shock:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Crazy people. I have seen that stupid ammunition excuse before. Maybe the same sellar. :roll: :roll: :angry4:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)