Drago's DDR TUTORIAL (sticky)

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Drago

Re: Drago's DDR TUTORIAL (sticky)

Post by Drago »

Nice looking stock on that one, Howie. What's the stamping look like on the bayonet?

BTW, I didn't realize I had broken links. They are fixed now, with the addition of a really crisp bayonet marking of a /R\.
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

Drago wrote:Nice looking stock on that one, Howie. What's the stamping look like on the bayonet?

BTW, I didn't realize I had broken links. They are fixed now, with the addition of a really crisp bayonet marking of a /R\.
Most all my Russian Bayonets are marked with some sort of proof I think that has nothing to do with the DDR .Mine has a circle with T inside
fenceline

Re: Drago's DDR TUTORIAL

Post by fenceline »

Woodbeef wrote:Out of all the recent Russian imports I've never seen or heard of an ex DDR marked one yet.
Found one today. Has the horizontal SN stamped on the stock, but the handguard appears to have been swapped out as it is EP'd on the metal and the wood is not stamped. The /1\ is there in front of the serial number above the stock line, but it is so faint that you have to get the light shining off the bluing at just the right angle to see it.
;mywink;
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

It would appear that the DDR theory may be busted.

Russian researcher Ruslan Chumak has been able to identify several of the Russian refurb marks as noted above. CGN member Ratnik forwarded this information via another gun board.

Chumak served in the archives for GRAU.

GRAU: The Main Missile and Artillery Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation (GRAU) (Russian: Главное ракетно-артиллерийское управление МО РФ (ГРАУ), Glavnoye raketno-artilleriyskoye upravleniye MO RF (GRAU)) is a department of the Russian (ex-Soviet) Ministry of Defense. It is subordinate to the Chief of Armament and Munition of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, a vice-minister of defense.

The /1\ appears to be a stamping attributed to the 1871st ABV Moscow Military District arsenal in Liski.
HMSsian

Post by HMSsian »

Re Drago's DDR Tutorial, was and is a great read;
Thank you and all the members who contributed.
tailgunner67

Post by tailgunner67 »

Apparently I am late to the party. I just bought my first triangle one Russian SKS, just to find out they are no big deal. Lol Such is life.