id help please

If it fires black powder, it is discussed here.
Celt

id help please

Post by Celt »

I'm trying to figure this one out. if anyone has any info.....

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Re: id help please

Post by Celt »

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Looks nice, Have more pictcres of the trigger area,...what cal. / Ga. ? Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Celt

Post by Celt »

i have no idea..... I'll get more pictures tomorrow.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

1863 Remington Zouave Reproduction .58 caliber rifle musket. Nice find, should be a good shooter.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

its pretty rusty, couldn' cock the hammer or move the trigger,thank goodness for PB Blaster! thanks for the info boss,any idea of value?
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:1863 Remington Zouave Reproduction .58 caliber rifle musket. Nice find, should be a good shooter.
What he said. FARA is either Spanish or Italian stamp (having a senior moment) and brass furniture (especially the spacers around lock bolts) are a clue. Enjoy! :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: If in good condition I have seen them anywhere from 325 and up depending on condition. If it is all rusted then I would try for a lot lot less. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

my neighbor is a trash truck driver,found it in the trash. he asked if i could try to sell or trade it. the parts are moving now. how complicated is it to take apart?

thanks Mr D. got your pm
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Not hard at all. You will need a proper sized screwdriver set and a Nipple wrench (Dixie Gun Works) although a proper sized open end wrench will work.
Loosen tang screw slightly. remove two screws opposite the lock and remove the lock. remove ramrod, then barrel bands. remove tang screw and barrel will come off. As I recall the trigger guard will have a screw on the front and that's it. If you want to check the internals you will need a main spring vice (Another Dixie Gun Works Part) Under the patch box on the butt stock typically is a replacement nipple (it may be a different size that the one that is mounted) When cleaning, use a shotgun brush and plenty of hot soapy water. PM me with any questions. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Celt

Post by Celt »

Ironnewt wrote:Not hard at all. You will need a proper sized screwdriver set and a Nipple wrench (Dixie Gun Works) although a proper sized open end wrench will work.
Loosen tang screw slightly. remove two screws opposite the lock and remove the lock. remove ramrod, then barrel bands. remove tang screw and barrel will come off. As I recall the trigger guard will have a screw on the front and that's it. If you want to check the internals you will need a main spring vice (Another Dixie Gun Works Part) Under the patch box on the butt stock typically is a replacement nipple (it may be a different size that the one that is mounted) When cleaning, use a shotgun brush and plenty of hot soapy water. PM me with any questions. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

thank you sir!
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Not a problem. I had two Navy Arms Zouaves (still have one) and it was the first long gun I ever purchased. Took it black powder hunting years ago and I tell you a .58 caliber Minie Ball does a number on a deer.

Celt

Post by Celt »

:thumbsup:
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have the 1863 Springfield, they are similar, some idiot tossed it in the trash? Oh well.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have the 1863 Springfield, they are similar, some idiot tossed it in the trash? Oh well.

no accounting for taste i guess, I'm thinking of offering a trade to my new friend and just keeping it.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

can i shoot patched round ball,or minne ball only?
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You can shoot both just fine.
Theodore Roosevelt