Gun buy-back in Pittsburgh today

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Gun buy-back in Pittsburgh today

Post by racerguy00 »

Included were several mosins, including an M39 and and a Finn M91. :cry:
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Marcus

Re: Gun buy-back in Pittsburgh today

Post by Marcus »

Wow, glad those deadly "5 shot bolt action assault rifles" (I really did hear some stupid lefty moron newscaster twit refer to a 98k Mauser this way several years ago) have been taken "off the streets" so no more of "Obama's sons" accidentally injure themselves or innocent bystanders. I feel so much safer when I hear about things like this. Those old military guns aren't safe for civilians to possess, only trained military and law enforcement personal.
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

Well think about it........
if it's one of those gun buybacks where they give you a $200 Amazon or Apple or Walmart gift card, and you can turn in a $130 common Mosin, there's going to be people who take advantage of that 53% government handout profit margin.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

$100 gift card.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Those Finns are dangerous as hell, just ask the Russians and Germans.

So I'm a bad guy and I think instead of knocking off the store down the street I can get a gift card cash whatever. Why the hell would I do that? Nothing left to rob the next person with. I've seen the piles of junk they get. But mixed in there is something someone had no damn clue about.

One more thought. I kill someone but turn my gun in I get amnesty? :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bws

Post by bws »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Those Finns are dangerous as hell, just ask the Russians and Germans.

So I'm a bad guy and I think instead of knocking off the store down the street I can get a gift card cash whatever. Why the hell would I do that? Nothing left to rob the next person with. I've seen the piles of junk they get. But mixed in there is something someone had no damn clue about.

One more thought. I kill someone but turn my gun in I get amnesty? :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
Never thought I'd hear myself say these words, especially after hearing how difficult Def has it in Russia, but I really don't know what country I'm in anymore. I've always been disgusted with the government but now I'm simply ashamed. I have to say I'm even kind of ashamed to admit I'm from Ohio, after watching Boener (or however the hell you spell his name) like BHO's lap dog.

That being said, I would happily support the great city of Pittsburgh if they would allow me to take the Finn off their hands for, say, 250? that's a profit of 25% for an entity that's supposedly a not-for-profit organization. That's a better profit margin than most of the big sporting goods stores and websites. That's only fair.

But hopefully we'll see a change in political winds 800 some odd days, but who's counting?
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I just makes my blood boil to see this crap. Idiots turning in collectable rifles that would never be used to hurt anyone but would give some old guy like me many years of happiness. Yes I'm with bws. I don't know what the hell country I'm living in when I see stuff like this. After the most recent shooting in a park in Chicago where gang memebers did a drive by a police spokesman said in his statement we have to have a federal assualt weapons ban because military weapons don't belong on the streets in the hands of the average citizen. So I have to pay the price for the product of failed social policies and thugs acting like animals. Yeah right.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

AZ state law mandates all firearms have to be sold by the agencies holding them. Tuscan held a buyback only to have the AG remind them they had to be resold :chuckles:

One buyback recently someplace saw an undocumented war trophy MP 44 turned in by some old lady.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Artemus

Post by Artemus »

I say, RISE UP Steeler Nation and take back what is ours! The county has to somehow out vote the liberal wags in the City. I am ashamed to see what is becoming of Western PA.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology will appear to be magic."
1915 Tula (Peter the Great) Finn M91
1915 New England Westinghouse Finn M91
1926 Tula M91/30 ex-dragoon
1931 Izhevsk M91/30
1931 Finn M27
1939 Izhevsk M91/30 Laminated
1939 Tula M91/30
1941 Finn VKT M39
1943 Tula M91/30 ex-sniper
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1943 Izhevsk M38
1943 Izhevsk M91/59
1944 Izhevsk M38
1944 Tula M44
1944 Izhevsk PU Kazan Sniper
1947 Izhevsk M44
1953 Hungarian M44
1954.1 Arsenal 296 T53
1955.3 Arsenal 296 T53
1956 Arsenal 26 T53
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

Its our job to save as many as we can
zibner

Post by zibner »

Wow if those Mosin's ever got to the Hood all hell would break lose. Wonder if you can hold a Mosin at a 90 degree angle and look gang land?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sad case. Where were the gun stores? Should have been there offering real money before they got to the government steal tables, like they did in seattle. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)