Need Some Help on Reflex sights, need some opinions

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Francqua

Need Some Help on Reflex sights, need some opinions

Post by Francqua »

I'm looking for a Reflex sight for my AK (a Red/Green dot is an option too) but, there are Hundreds to choose from.
I know nothing about features vs cost! Need your help folks!

I'm in need of input from current reflex users (or red/green dot) on these type of sights. I need to be able to see the sight in bright daylight. To have variable intensity settings would be nice; a "green" setting is ok as well, unless the price jumps because of it; NV compatible (not even sure reflex and NV would work together) would be a nice option, unless it messes up the budget.
I need a sight that can handle rough use and keep it's zero. It is going to be on a 7.62 AK after all.
Budget: I'd like to keep it anywhere below $100 - $150
ponycarman

Re: Need Some Help on Reflex sights, need some opinions

Post by ponycarman »

How do you plan on mounting it to the ak? A mount would be needed. Two that I know of stick out for that price range. Bushnell makes one call the trs25 and primary arms has one. Both are very similar and are close in price. Right around 100. For a little more vortex makes the stikefire and the sparc for around 150-200. I have an aimpoint but it is more expensive. I would like to try some of the others I've mentioned though. I looked the bushnell and the sparc over a few times and they both looked very nice. :thumbsup:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Francqua

Post by Francqua »

I went with the Primary Arms red dot. It was on sale.
As much as I like the lifetime warranty with the Vortex products, I couldn't pass up the cost savings by going with PA!
Only time will tell if I made a wise choice. I don't have any personal experience with PA. :| This will be a learning experience.
I hope the red dot can handle the recoil from the 7.62 rounds.

Francqua
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I'm sure it will be fine. I've heard lots of good stuff about the pa red dot. :thumbsup:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D