Mosins about to get VERY valuable

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
JTheBigJay

Mosins about to get VERY valuable

Post by JTheBigJay »

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-exclu ... trol-steps
"One new policy will end a government practice that lets military weapons, sold or donated by the U.S. to allies, be reimported into the U.S. by private entities, where some may end up on the streets. The White House said the U.S. has approved 250,000 of those guns to be reimported since 2005; under the new policy, only museums and a few other entities like the government will be eligible to reimport military-grade firearms."

:angry4: :x :x :x :angry4:
Titanium Hammer

Re: Mosins about to get VERY valuable

Post by Titanium Hammer »

If this actually passes I guess a few people would shift from their collecting of Garands to MN's. It would definitely leave the rather large stash of Garands in Korea to sit and rot. :very mad: When was the last time anyone heard of the Crips or Bloods using a Garand in a drive by? :roll:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That doesn't affect MNs. Just arms that we gave to allies.M1s from Korea for example
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
IvanIvanovich

Post by IvanIvanovich »

Titanium Hammer wrote:If this actually passes I guess a few people would shift from their collecting of Garands to MN's. It would definitely leave the rather large stash of Garands in Korea to sit and rot. :very mad: When was the last time anyone heard of the Crips or Bloods using a Garand in a drive by? :roll:
Haven't you heard about all those Obrezes being used in drivebys?
JTheBigJay

Post by JTheBigJay »

I over reacted. This only applies to the ones WE sell to other people. Thanks for the clarity millman.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

JTheBigJay wrote:I over reacted. This only applies to the ones WE sell to other people. Thanks for the clarity millman.
No problem. Actually I thought this was already in effect. I suspect that this latest mention is merely BO giving lip service to the anti gunners. :shock: :brolleyes:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

So savage Enfields are out now?? Or is it more modern military??
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

They have been trying to stop the return of garands and m1 carbines for years now. :roll:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Gsragtop wrote:So savage Enfields are out now?? Or is it more modern military??
I doubt there are too many of them floating around the world waiting to come back. I bet most of them are already here.

C. S. Lewis
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Maybe OB has seen too many Clint Eastwood movies? :lol: Bill

Maybe I'll find a safe overpass and some sign material? Ooopps someone has already done that.
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

zeebill wrote:Maybe OB has seen too many Clint Eastwood movies? :lol: Bill

Maybe I'll find a safe overpass and some sign material? Ooopps someone has already done that.

:chuckles: :chuckles:

I think it's ridiculous they are stopping imports. Why not just make it so only the CMP gets the rifles/carbines. They already have a lot of things in place to make sure the right people end up with them. And, exactly to the point already made: When was a garand or similar gun used in a crime? The percentage and the possibility for the future has to be minuscule.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

I'm sure the WW2 stuff is a "casualty of war", and that they are trying to keep the more modern military weapons from getting to the wrong guys, however NEWS FLASH we can't own most of them anyway because they are fully auto capable.

Which means this is a red hearing, whose sole purpose is so that the powers that be can say they did something when it comes to gun control, during the next election.. Like I said the M1's are just a casualty.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Ok, so here's likely a dumb question... What about the NEW & Remington's that the Russians defaulted on and our government purchased? Some of those were given to allies were they not? If I remember, we even gave some to the white Russian forces at Archangel to help hold off the reds. The EO is still under a 90 day review, so lets hope that somebody with some balls or smarts stands up against it..
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Titanium Hammer

Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Titanium Hammer wrote:White House Petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... s/Gw1Pc64d
Only 99k more signatures to go...
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Is this link a legitimate petition? Thank you
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Titanium Hammer

Yes Martin, it's the legit White House website for petitions. The same place that Alex Jones started his petition to have Piers Morgan deported when he was incessantly wanking off about gun control. If they get 100K signatures the WH is supposed to issue a "statement" on the issue according to their own rules.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

I read this story earlier. How exactly do any of the measures this administration is mentioning deter crime? I was not aware that military surplus collectors were a dangerous group of criminals :chuckles:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

They don't have to be dangerous to be hated by liberals.
finloq

Post by finloq »

So my CMP M1 Rifle just went up in value?
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"