enfield no1 mk III

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
cjo1971

enfield no1 mk III

Post by cjo1971 »

picked up this new Enfield. where can I find a front and rear handguard? also the buttstock rotates back and forth a little, any advice on how to make it more solid.

desdem12

Re: enfield no1 mk III

Post by desdem12 »

Nice one. :vcool: :vcool: I just saw those parts I think at sarco. Not sure about the butt stock but be sure and take off the fore stock first. Some times they are just loose. Sometimes the washer is missing. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Homer2

Post by Homer2 »

You'll need a very long flat head screwdriver. I got mine at Home Depot. One that looks impossibly big. Probably the biggest one they have. Take the former off FIRST, then tighten the butt stock by opening up the oiler hole in the butt plate, remove a washer in there with a coat hanger or something, then tighten the screw. If you don't need the screwdriver, return it to the store.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Someone mentioned a mosin bayo would work for that. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)