New-to-me Finn on the way today, teaser pic

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

New-to-me Finn on the way today, teaser pic

Post by racerguy00 »

My first p-series rifle will be on the way today. I've not been able to examine one first-hand before, I'm looking forward to it! I like the fact that it's on an 1897 Sestroryetsk receiver, I've been lucky enough to recently get a '94 Chatellerault and an M24 on a '96 receiver. More photos when it arrives.

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New-to-me Finn on the way today, teaser pic

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Be sure to get that in that P Series list some has set up. It seems we are getting quite a lot of them in there as the list has gone to two pages last I checked on it. Congrats! Check to make real sure the idiots at Century have not bulged the liner inward when they stamped the import marks on the barrel. I have one georgous one that is that way! Bill :wink:
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

:Drool1: 8-) 8-) :thumbsup: Nice! I bet the Brown Truck can't arrive fast enough!
finloq

Post by finloq »

One of these days, I am going to have to start a survey on how many have Finn's built on 1897 and 1898 Sestroryetsk receivers. I seem to see many of them.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Very cool! :thumbsup: If memory serves, my P-26 is on a 1894 Izhevsk receiver.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Nice. Looking forward the the pictures!!!
finloq

Post by finloq »

Stopsign32v wrote:Where and how?!

What is the story behind the P series? I haven't read anything on them yet.
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinMPseries.htm
http://mosinnagant.net/finland/M91inFinland.asp
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Those relined barrels have always fascinated me. I have yet to been able to examin one in person though. Congrats again Dave. I'm looking forward to your upcoming pictures.
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

VERY NICE! Im waiting on my p-26 next week also.... Feel like the kid from christmas story! lol
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

With the C stamp on the barrel, isn't that going to require handloaded ammunition using. 308 bullets? A careful exam of the bore and a proper slugging would be required along with the usual headspace check, etc..... before attempting to shoot it. This is a most worthy Finn!
finloq

Post by finloq »

bunkysdad wrote:With the C stamp on the barrel, isn't that going to require handloaded ammunition using. 308 bullets? A careful exam of the bore and a proper slugging would be required along with the usual headspace check, etc..... before attempting to shoot it. This is a most worthy Finn!
According to Bowser, the 'C' would mean .3087, at least immediately after retubing. Now?