ammo find

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
dou44

ammo find

Post by dou44 »

i found this today at a gunshow when i went back,not a big score but i am happy with it.one box of ww2 german 9mm,i clip of mp44 ammo and a clip of 8.56 german marked ammo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Re: ammo find

Post by desdem12 »

Nice 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

How was the 8x56R clip marked?
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Original 9mm German, outstanding :) . I have been hanging on to the last of my Nazi 8mm though I'll admit I fired hundreds of rounds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
dou44

Post by dou44 »

first picture is of the 8.56r ammo. the rest i ordered 5-6 cases about 10-15 years ago from century and these were some of what i got. i still have around 10 full ammo cans of it also. some of it is from the early to mid 30's
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

WOW What a great find :mrgreen: we would not be allowed to even look at such a prize. The dealers would spirit it away...
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Wow What a need find!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

dou44

Post by dou44 »

i have some marked for mg in one of my boxes i will look for it tomorrow.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I'll add another WOW that is a lot of 8x56R, how many M95's you have?
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't believe my eyes! What a cache! Good Lord!
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

If all hell does break out, I am headed to your house!

That's pretty impressive. Nice horde, umm, I mean collection of ammo :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
dou44

Post by dou44 »

you have it all wrong that is just my 8mm i only have a little 8.56r . i have to have it for all my k98's. all my other ammo is stored through out the house and garage.i am now trying to stock up for the nagants while it is still cheap.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

dou44 wrote:you have it all wrong that is just my 8mm i only have a little 8.56r . i have to have it for all my k98's. all my other ammo is stored through out the house and garage.i am now trying to stock up for the nagants while it is still cheap.
Shweeeet... I really love the Nazi stuff. All of the old surplus is historic but the Nazi stuff is classic. There's some sites selling it but they really really think highly of it. I picked up 3 cases of the Yugo 8mm stuff this year and am already regretting not getting more. Can I go with you to the next gunshow you go to?
dou44

Post by dou44 »

if you want to make the trip to tennessee come on.a small gun store about half hour from my house still sell's some 8mm for $3.99 a box. i need to go back and clean him out before someone else does. it is a small store but he keeps the guns out on the floor on home made gun racks. his prices on surplus guns are going up but you can still get some good deal's.
also this wed sog will have a one day sell on the 7.62x54 for $67 a tin of 440 rounds.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

If any of you are looking for an M95 Steyr rifle still wrapped in paper with string around it made in Vienna or original Nazi 8X56r ammo in the stripper clips, Here you can find. The Website stinks and DO NOT try to order from it. This poor guy works 9+ hour shifts at night. Prices,shipping estimates, are all wrong!
He had some guy set this up and it does not work. You have to call and ask for Levi Mitchell only. Or ask him to call you back. He can be a little slow.This I am pretty sure is just his wife and self. He is trying to fix the site,but is not real good at web pages.Nice fella though.

You will see the ammo and other items, but if you click on it you will get nothing. You must call.The guy has crates loads of military slings he got from a big collectors estate sale plus others.He has no earthly idea what 99% of them are. If ya got a hard to find sling, send him a pic and they will look for what you need.
Does take awhile. The poor guy has little time to even sleep a few hours. I have by doing a show and tell with him found and bought several fairly rare double dog collar Romanian Red Leather SKS slings. New condition it appears. He may give you a price, even on the ammo, but usually will deal some.

This is a little guy, FFL01, NRA weapons instructor and one man show basically. Not a big web distributor with a customer service department. But he probably can help with your 8X56r ammo and rifles, plus slings. A lot of military goodies on here, and he has more stuff than the crappy web page shows.Seems to be an honest guy. I have found some good stuff here I could not find else where. Worth a try here for Military items. Just call, do not order on the site.
If ya have the patience,this place can pay off in the long run for you. Good Hunting!
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Have you got a link OO ?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

millman wrote:Have you got a link OO ?
Millman, darn it,I always seem to forget a link!

http://mitchellmilitaryarms.com/vivavegas/

Remember, don't use the sight except to look at. And,only CS is poor Levi! :D
But I've found good military stuff there and negotiated some pricing. I think the 8x56r is 1937 to 1939 mfg dates.
Steve
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

8-) 8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis