My Chinese SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
zedteamk2

My Chinese SKS

Post by zedteamk2 »

Well, it showed up, here are some early pictures !
They bayonet is taken off since that's how the FFL released it to me.
There's a piece of fabric in the butt of the stock, i'm curious to see what it is (if anything)
So, what did i get? :) I'm too exited to go digging around online, i want to get it disassembled and cleaned up.

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/zedteamk2/library/SKS

I think i shared that correctly, more pictures to come as a i disassemble it
srv1
ban
ban

Re: My Chinese SKS

Post by srv1 »

Where did you get this one from? :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks like you got a Balkan used Chi-Com SKS, nice :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

I got this one from classicfirearms.com
I got my mosin there and am quite happy with that as well.
I added more pics. I found the pieces of fabric in the butt stock.
Everything seems to function fine, i am going to properly clean it tomorrow. With any luck i will be shooting it on saturday.
Hopefully it will go better than my first time with the mosin... I was climbing out of a small canyon to get reception and ask for help :P
Celt

Post by Celt »

That sounds like a story you should share with us!
Congrats on a fine weapon :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Do these latest imports have chrome line barrels? Just curious. How are the bores on them and the accuracy? I've been looking at them and got to handle one tonight. Looked pretty good.

Great looking rifle by the way :thumbsup:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Celt

Post by Celt »

ponycarman wrote:Do these latest imports have chrome line barrels? Just curious. How are the bores on them and the accuracy? I've been looking at them and got to handle one tonight. Looked pretty good.

Great looking rifle by the way :thumbsup:
I think all chinese are chrome lined. Very dependable, very accurate. Old Outlaw has a target made to digg them in with. You put it at 25 meters, and when your dialed in its also zeroed at 300. I had it saved on my other phone. Its a little man target.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Good deal. The sks has been growing on me for a while. I used to think they were pointless when you could get and ak. But now I want one. Excellent design and very usefull. They look fun too me.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Celt

Post by Celt »

I think they are better.....shhhhhhhh!
:hunter: :kilgo: :hunter:
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Last edited by Celt on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Celt wrote:I think they are better.....shhhhhhhh!
:hunter: :kilgo: :hunter:
I am beginning to think they are as well. At least with how we can get the ak here. With both being semi auto the sks looks a little better to me. Only advantage the ak has is the detachable larger capacity mags.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Thats just something else to lose or break,Stalin insisted on the ten round fixed mag on the sks so the troops would not loose the mags and to coserve ammo, thats what I read anyway.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

From what I have seen, they can be loaded pretty quickly from the stripper clips. Make the shots count :thumbsup:

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Yes sir.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Looks like nice example of a Chinese rifle coming from Albania, also known as a Sino-Banian. These are being imported along with with the T53 Mosins. Looks good, and greasy :thumbsup: :Drool1:
ponycarman wrote:Good deal. The sks has been growing on me for a while. I used to think they were pointless when you could get and ak. But now I want one. Excellent design and very usefull. They look fun too me.
Yup :thumbsup: Then along with SKS's and Ak's, you have to throw in a Czech Vz58, it's kind of a hybrid of an AK and SKS, the best of each rolled into one. :thumbsup:
All are and have chrome lined bores, with the exception of the Yugoslavian models and pre 1952 Russians.

SKS stripper loading it's as easy as stripper loading a Mosin and about as quick. :wink: Get an SKS, you know you wanna :devil2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

i have two sks and one ak 47 i havnt shot my yugo sks yet but i like my chinese sks way more than my romanian ak 47 way more. Also you can get larger capacity mags for sks
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Greasemonkey wrote: :wink: Get an SKS, you know you wanna :devil2:
I do want too :Drool1: :D

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

I jut got done cleaning the SKS a little while ago.
Completely caked in cosmoline.... no surprise there.
There was some sand/ grit in the rifle that took awhile to get out.
Celt

Post by Celt »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!