Gander Mountain 91/30 triple date

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Gander Mountain 91/30 triple date

Post by Rongo »

Well I had a great time at Gander Mountain tonight. Went to Fleet Farm 40 miles East of me on Tuesday Night & got to browse through 5 91/30's. All Round 43 & 42 Izhevsk with one 37 Tula wearing a very nice post-war stock. Needless to say I bought the 37. Nice Century import, discreet billboard & refurb match #'s all around with bayonet, accessories & sling. So tonight I hit the Fleet Farm South of here & they had only 2 91/30's... A 42 & 43 Izhevsk, no ex & they were both rather beat looking.
Headed then to Gander & they had two out behind the counter... a 42 Izhevsk & a 35 Tula. Asked if there were more & the guy said he would be right out. A few minutes later he rolls the crate out on a cart, lid was ripped off & wasted, with about 12-14 91/30's all jumbled about. Started digging, found 2 25 Izhevsk, a 23 Izhevsk, 23 Tula, 25 Tula Ex-Dragoons, a 38 Izhevsk, 43 double date, 43, 42 Izhevsk s, 39 Tula, 43 Tula & a couple that had the markings just obliterated with a hasp by the looks of it. Both of those were round. Oh, and almost forgot! And one 31 Tula triple date in pre-war stock! Said I would take the Tula, whipped out a printout of Fleet Farms listed price of $119.99 & they had no problem knocking the price from $179.99 to $119.99. :biggrin: As they were finishing up the transaction the manager walked over & said they can't do the price match since Fleet Farm sells Century Imports & they sell PW Arms which are better. But since they already promised me I could have it at the match price. :twisted: Oh, well... I got this one anyhow. Maybe I'll hit another Gander & try it again!!!

Got a couple pics of the two... The 37 Tula is on top & has one gorgeous looking stock. The 31 is on the bottom. I'll get some good pics of them both in the next few days after I clean them up... The 37 Tula is just full of GOOOOO.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
crate of Mosins.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: $119.99 Gander Mountain 91/30 triple date

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great buys!!!
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Wow, 120 each !!! What a deal !!! Which I had those types of stores around me :(
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Those look nice Ron. Is the PW also molot marked?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

millman wrote:Those look nice Ron. Is the PW also molot marked?
No Box, shipped in a crate but still the first thing I looked for. Not one of them were Molot. Also, No slings or accessories & I had to dig out a bayonet from the crate bottom.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Cosmoline guy

Post by Cosmoline guy »

Very nice finds! My local Fleet Farm hasn't had anything but the Chinese ones lately and I haven't seen any at the nearest Gander.
I work at Fleet and check regularly and even the ammo is in short supply, but then, that's a problem all over.
I've seen all of the prices go up in the last 7 months.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Molot is stamping their stamps under the handguard on the 91/30's. Peek under one and see.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:Molot is stamping their stamps under the handguard on the 91/30's. Peek under one and see.
I'll look when I take it down.

"Dang that entropy"
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

i have two molots from cabelas and the molot mark was on the back of receiver. rongo was the one you snagged from gander in cosmoline the one i snagged yesterday employee wiped stock and barrel down but when i got it home there appears to be only some in sling slots and around butt stock but i havent taken apart yet but the barrel had none down them and no cosmoline under rear site hmm?
buddhaboy
Location: Illinios, so close to the cheddar curtain I can smell it when they cut the cheese

Post by buddhaboy »

Good deal! Nice rifles and great price. I love the fact they let you look through the crate. Some places around here only bring out a couple at a time.
I also love it when they are covered in goo, they are usually very nice under all that.
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

WOW You lucky dog. CONGRATS :clap: :clap: :clap:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice find Ron. :P
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet gooy goodness. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

nice, ill have to check out my local Gander maybe they're getting them company wide.. nice score !
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
evildog

Post by evildog »

Awesome find!!! :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cosmoline guy wrote:Very nice finds! My local Fleet Farm hasn't had anything but the Chinese ones lately and I haven't seen any at the nearest Gander.
I work at Fleet and check regularly and even the ammo is in short supply, but then, that's a problem all over.
I've seen all of the prices go up in the last 7 months.
Nothing wrong with the type 53, best price deal on a carbine you will likely ever see again.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: 8-) :vcool: VERY NICE! Congrats on a couple of great pickups at an awesome price! All of the Molot 91/30's I saw at Cabela's a few weeks back all had the markings in plain view on the back of the receiver safety side so it was readily apparent they were Molot's. Congrats again on some great finds!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So far as I have heard Molot does not ship in the basic refurb crate like the Ukraine hoard does.
Theodore Roosevelt