1924 M1891/59 Carbine

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
qz2026

1924 M1891/59 Carbine

Post by qz2026 »

I have heard the call for new submissions so, I thought that you all would like and appreciate this one. This is a numbers matching Izhevsk 1924 M91/59 in pristine condition. I have had many discussions over the last year with Dennis Kroh around Hex carbines. When the topic of 91/59's came up he said that he had only seen three pass through his business since he started Empire about 21 years ago. So, they did exist but were relatively rare finds. I filed that away with the hopes of someday acquiring one. Additionally, I had yet to see one posted here although I have only been a member here for six or so months. When I came across this rifle there was no question to me that I was going to own it. I have become quite enthralled with the 91/59 and now have seven in my collection including a sister rifle to this one - a 1925 Tula which I may submit. This one, however, now vacillates as my most favorite carbine (or rifle for that matter) with my 1902 M91/38. I would never have dreamed that such a rifle even existed unless I had been a member here.

The M91/59 is a very interesting rifle. Some say it is Bulgarian but the consensus is that these were Russian rifles. In an attempt to modernize the Russian arsenal older rifles were cut down and fit into a stock very similar to the M-38. M91's, Dragoons, perhaps Cossack's and 91/30's were all candidates for this transformation. I couldn't help but wonder as I disassembled this rifle whether it was an M-91 or a Dragoon in it's previous life. There is really no way to really know.

Rifle: Russian M1891/59 Carbine
Caliber: 7.62x54r
Arsenal: Izhevsk
Barrel Date: 1924
Receiver Date: 1898 Izhevsk
Bore: Like new

Discussion Section Part 1

Discussion Section Part 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.