Son in law on my s list.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
dou44

Son in law on my s list.

Post by dou44 »

this is the second time he has told me he has some rifles he wanted to sell.both times i told him to let me know the prices to see what i wanted.both times he sold them with out getting back in touch with me.i went to the other mosin forum and saw them all sold and him using me for a reference as to what they look like.the next time i talk to him i plan on letting him know i saw them without letting me know the prices.he is all the time wanting me to take him shooting at my range or to haul him to the gun shows.he will have a long wait till it happens again. he can kiss my . :moon:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Son in law on my s list.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Shit in a box, wrap it up, and send it to him on his birthday. That's dirty pool, and dangerous, you are the father in law, you are the one who takes care of him should he ever get out of line with your little girl, you are also the one who decides what out of line is. You would think he would want to kiss your ass as much as possible.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

dou44 wrote:this is the second time he has told me he has some rifles he wanted to sell.both times i told him to let me know the prices to see what i wanted.both times he sold them with out getting back in touch with me.i went to the other mosin forum and saw them all sold and him using me for a reference as to what they look like.the next time i talk to him i plan on letting him know i saw them without letting me know the prices.he is all the time wanting me to take him shooting at my range or to haul him to the gun shows.he will have a long wait till it happens again. he can kiss my . :moon:

What makes it worse is the using you as a reference................. :angry4:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Something tells me you two are not buddies. Thanksgiving could be really fun at your house.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

He needs to be smacked around a little bit, and if he starts crying, or runs to complain to your daughter then smack him harder.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Is this dip-nick on this forum too? Don't post a name in the open but a PM won't be overlooked :twisted: :twisted:
dou44

Post by dou44 »

he only goes to the other forum sometimes and does not post here.he had 3 rifles i told him i wanted prices on a 1903 finn sa marked Izhevsk and a 1920 sa marked Izhevsk plus a scw mosin nagant.i think he sold all for around $225-$250 each.he will need me for something again and will be out of luck.he married my daughter around 3 years ago and i took a week off from work and help him frame in the walls and lay the block on it and did not charge him for it .i was even the one who got him started on collecting rifles.he will hear about it when he calls wanting something.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

dou44 wrote:this is the second time he has told me he has some rifles he wanted to sell.both times i told him to let me know the prices to see what i wanted.both times he sold them with out getting back in touch with me.i went to the other mosin forum and saw them all sold and him using me for a reference as to what they look like.the next time i talk to him i plan on letting him know i saw them without letting me know the prices.he is all the time wanting me to take him shooting at my range or to haul him to the gun shows.he will have a long wait till it happens again. he can kiss my . :moon:

dou your son in law rifle situation, rifle buy first buy dibs is sacred between family, what could he be thinking? This situation, one of the more no class moves I have heard of lately, don't know what to say. :vsad:
Last edited by etprescottazusa91 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Photoshop a family photo without him in it. Or your daughters ex boyfriend.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

He would definitely be getting a visit from Hugo, victor, and Sanchez , the board adjustments department.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

just trying to make up my mind if i want to block him on my phone :twisted: he only calls when he wants something any way.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The boy lacks respect, respect can be taught, sometimes it's even fun to teach it :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Thats it he's out of the will !

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Sounds like decent prices, family should have had first dibs on the rifles. Something tells me you are going to be "sick" a lot from now on when he needs help with something. Next time he wants to go to a gun show with you, plan a Sunday trip and tell him you will pick him up then go on Saturday. He'll get the hint.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Better yet, get tickets to the local playhouse amateur actor musical night , preset them to your daughter and insist he come . Yes, sitting through that shit will be a death of a thousand cuts, but just the knowledge that he has to sit through it also....:) Opera would be better yet, of course he may end up liking it, then you have more serious problems :)
Theodore Roosevelt
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

AND I ALMOST bought the last rifle from him..... Just got the pics tonight.....

Keep saving my pennies for that M39 again
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I saw that one... They were good prices & went damn fast.

That would piss me off too. :angry4:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

Man, that is inconsiderate and disrespectful. That's not the way family treats family... :no2:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Better yet, get tickets to the local playhouse amateur actor musical night , preset them to your daughter and insist he come . Yes, sitting through that shit will be a death of a thousand cuts, but just the knowledge that he has to sit through it also....:) Opera would be better yet, of course he may end up liking it, then you have more serious problems :)
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Piss on him
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.