Anyone Get A MOLOT from AIM?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BubbaDX

Anyone Get A MOLOT from AIM?

Post by BubbaDX »

Just curious. Has anyone received a MOLOT from AIM? I have seen posts where people are getting them from Buds, Century, Cabelas, etc... but I don't remember seeing any posts where they are coming in shipments from AIM.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
thediamondc

Re: Anyone Get A MOLOT from AIM?

Post by thediamondc »

I purchased a 91/30 from aim about about a month and a half ago and it has no molot markings or K stamped serial number.

Chris
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I know we have seen some, but a few of the newer members might not have even realized they had a Molot and so the threads are not marked with that name.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I didn't remember seeing anyone post about getting Molot rifles from AIM, but I assumed somebody probably had. What made me curious was I found a "special" Mosin Nagant on AIM's website that I purchased and the only part of the rifle I could not make out at all in the pictures was the left side of the receiver. It shipped today, so we'll see what I get. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We wait :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

I know that the M44's that people were getting from Classic and AIM were all Molot's. The M38's that Classic offered about 5 months ago were also Molot's. As for 91/30's, I don't think that either AIM or Classic has those...yet. In the past couple of weeks I have seen with my own eyes Molot non sniper 91/30's for sale at Cabela's so I imagine it will only be a matter of time before they make their way to all the big online shops.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They will.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Titanium Hammer wrote:I know that the M44's that people were getting from Classic and AIM were all Molot's. The M38's that Classic offered about 5 months ago were also Molot's. As for 91/30's, I don't think that either AIM or Classic has those...yet. In the past couple of weeks I have seen with my own eyes Molot non sniper 91/30's for sale at Cabela's so I imagine it will only be a matter of time before they make their way to all the big online shops.
Whats Cabelas charging for them?

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Sgt. Rob wrote:
Titanium Hammer wrote:I know that the M44's that people were getting from Classic and AIM were all Molot's. The M38's that Classic offered about 5 months ago were also Molot's. As for 91/30's, I don't think that either AIM or Classic has those...yet. In the past couple of weeks I have seen with my own eyes Molot non sniper 91/30's for sale at Cabela's so I imagine it will only be a matter of time before they make their way to all the big online shops.
Whats Cabelas charging for them?

Semper Fi, Rob
$169.99 each, no box, no bayo, no nothing. Cash and carry.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

These don't seem to be coming in with extras.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Or the dealers could be selling them off on eBay for a little extra profit.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Or the dealers could be selling them off on eBay for a little extra profit.
I think that is more plausable. Locally Big R has not had a Mosin since I bought the 91/30 sniper they had. Big 5 has one on the shelf (42 Izhevsk) for 179.99, but it do have the accessories. If I go down south to see the eldest boy, I will have to see what is going on at the Post Falls Cabelas. Then again maybe not. Trying to squirrel funds should Trinity post up something I really want. :)

Semper Fi, Rob
1938 Tula
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I picked up my UPS package today and it is a Molot, but I might still have purchased it even if I knew. It's a 1943 M44. Ill post pictures in a bit.
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

BubbaDX wrote:I picked up my UPS package today and it is a Molot, but I might still have purchased it even if I knew. It's a 1943 M44. Ill post pictures in a bit.
Thats a good year! Look forward to the pics! :thumbsup:

Semper Fi, Rob
1938 Tula
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt