Freedom Munitions 1.5 Million Round Sale

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
WeldonHunter

Freedom Munitions 1.5 Million Round Sale

Post by WeldonHunter »

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Rudy and Dave from Freedom Munitions and they told me they're going to be listing 1,000,000 rounds of 9mm tomorrow 5-10-13 at 12:00 noon CST and later on in the day 500,000 rounds of .45acp and 40 S&W. He wanted me to let you all know ahead of time because they sell ammo so fast a lot of people miss out to people watching their facebook page for people alerting them it's up for sale. Well here's the advanced warning. I have no idea what exactly it'll be and at what price. It should be listed in one of the links below at 12 noon CST friday 5-10-13.

In Stock Ammo
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/53970.htm

9mm Ammo
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1818.htm

45acp Ammo
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1844.htm

40 S&W Ammo
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1837.htm
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Freedom Munitions 1.5 Million Round Sale

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Thanks Mike, I will pass that on to a few guys I know who shoot these rounds. :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Let the fractal chaos begin.
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

Guess i will check it out.
Time to put on the tin foil hat - have they been hoarding this large amount of ammo so they can jack up prices and then have a giant "sale" at raised prices? --- removing tin foil hat....
Mike

Post by Mike »

http://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm-115 ... -b0500.htm

As of the time of posting they have 1932 500 round lots for sale.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Mike

Post by Mike »

5 minutes later it's down to 1500!
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

Fun to watch
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have been watching it too. At the rate of about 100 cases every ten minutes. I wish I had the cash.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

zedteamk2 wrote:Guess i will check it out.
Time to put on the tin foil hat - have they been hoarding this large amount of ammo so they can jack up prices and then have a giant "sale" at raised prices? --- removing tin foil hat....
No they don't hoard ammo. They make it and put it for sale. They make roughly 500,000 to 1 million rounds of various calibers a week give or take and put it up at 200 or 300 cases at a time and it's been selling in minutes. The problem is some people miss out so he's trying to give others that want some a chance by giving some advanced notice and listing it all at once. They also have a store in Houston, Texas that they have keep stocked.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hoarding ammo is my job :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

74 now....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:big shock: that was fast
Theodore Roosevelt
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

.40 S&W is up there now.
It's a 500 round box, so i'm out. Dont want to spend that much in one go.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If it was 7.62x54..........:)
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The price on 9mm was 172.00 for 500 rounds. That's 17.00 a box. That's a fair price under the circumstances.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:The price on 9mm was 172.00 for 500 rounds. That's 17.00 a box. That's a fair price under the circumstances.
They've flooded the market today with all kinds of stuff. Some is reman ammo and some is new. They've put up 44mag, 40S&W, 45ACP, 308, 223 and 9mm. They have some decent prices considering the market but they have gone up. I posted this in a few other forums and I'm getting a lot of complaints that they can find it cheaper but the funny thing is the same forums that I post this in that are specifically deal forums for firearms and ammo have no other deals for any of what they've put up today. They limited the sales to one case of 500 per customer to try to stop gunbroker flippers and let people that actually want ammo be able to get some. Eric and I have both shot his ammo and it's flawless. Their reman ammo is made on the same machines (machines that they also make) as the new ammo using all the same components except the reman is used brass that's been completely reprocessed to SAAMI specs. It's not just cleaned, it's also resized down to the base.

I've seen a bunch of threads here where guys are waiting in line at walmart for 3 or 4 boxes or searching around for ammo and though this isn't a smoking deal it's good ammo for a decent price. That's why I posted it. It may not be for everyone but it'll be a good deal for some.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I get a little put out with people who start that crap. When they say stuff like "i can get it cheaper elsewhere" they often are not looking at the big picture. Mike is right, these folks are waiting 2 hours sometimes to get 3 boxes of ammo, and letting their wife wait in line too. Besides what I have found that is cheaper is mostly steel case Tula ammo. Anyway, one thing that I like about the Freedom Munitions is their packaging. Makes it a little harder to pass off as someone else's. I do get tickled at the guys who think professionally remanufactured ammunition is inferior, as if it's not good enough to punch paper with. Thanks for the tip today Mike. While I was competely unable to purchase anything, it was impressive seeing a million rounds of 9mm sell out in just over 2 and a half hours! Plus I got them bookmarked right there next to gun-deals and SG Ammo. :P
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:I get a little put out with people who start that crap. When they say stuff like "i can get it cheaper elsewhere" they often are not looking at the big picture. Mike is right, these folks are waiting 2 hours sometimes to get 3 boxes of ammo, and letting their wife wait in line too. Besides what I have found that is cheaper is mostly steel case Tula ammo. Anyway, one thing that I like about the Freedom Munitions is their packaging. Makes it a little harder to pass off as someone else's. I do get tickled at the guys who think professionally remanufactured ammunition is inferior, as if it's not good enough to punch paper with. Thanks for the tip today Mike. While I was competely unable to purchase anything, it was impressive seeing a million rounds of 9mm sell out in just over 2 and a half hours! Plus I got them bookmarked right there next to gun-deals and SG Ammo. :P
Yeah if nothing else it was an eye opener to see that much ammo sell first hand. No rumors here about who's buying it all up. It's mostly the public and this has been going on since last year. This was only one vendor, one day. All told they sold maybe 1,750,000 rounds today. Also, you won't go wrong with Rudy and Dave. They were in Idaho at the plant when they called last night and I'm not sure if Dave's from there but Rudy's a Texan, 100%. He lives in or near Houston. :bwink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That is a f***in mind boggling number of rounds.
Theodore Roosevelt