New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ded321

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by ded321 »

Hi, I'm Doug. I've been collecting for about 15 years, started with Mosins and grew into all milsurps, but I'm sure that's probably the "MO" here.
AndyJohn2

Post by AndyJohn2 »

Hello...Tom here...rather new to the mil rifles of old...have a 1940's Carcano and a 1942 Enfield...along with a few old 22's...looking to learn much of the Nagant now and maybe pick one up.
Thanks for the site.
Tom
Kuperkeikkari

Re: New Members: 1907 Ishevsk Dragoon

Post by Kuperkeikkari »

Hello everyone! New to the forum and eager to know more.

I have a M91 Ishevsk Dragoon from 1907 and it has werid rear sight markings and a reddish tint to the barrel.
If anyone knows what these rear sight markings are, help would be really appreciated! I've never seen a Mosin with these rear sight markings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenbow

Post by kenbow »

Hello, I enjoy the Mosins I have a model 1927 9130 and a 1944 m44 posting as per requirements. Hope to learn much and be helpful in what I know.
Thanks for this site to enjoy and learn from. Ken in Colorado
“A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. The ethics of sportsmanship is not a fixed code, but must be formulated by the individual, with no referee but the Almighty.” Aldo Leupold
kenbow

Post by kenbow »

Hello from Colorado, Thanks for letting me join here, looking to learn much, Kenbow
“A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. The ethics of sportsmanship is not a fixed code, but must be formulated by the individual, with no referee but the Almighty.” Aldo Leupold
Ralf1958

Post by Ralf1958 »

Hi guys (and any ladies). I just ordered a 1933 hex-receiver Mosin 3-line last night, and now the time has just slowed to a crawl!!! I joined to get a deep dive into the history and specs. I thank everyone in advance for sharing their knowledge/experiences. I've been shooting for decades, and after losing my K98 Mauser years ago, I wanted another WWII military rifle... so here I am.
Deadrise

Post by Deadrise »

I acquired this from a friend quite a few years ago and she has sat in the arsenal unused. Eager to do some research on her. 1919 Tula with Hammer stamp. t
IMG_20240301_192041.jpg
IMG_20240301_193146.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

1919 Tula, nice find, special year for Tula.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I’m not exactly new, simply ran out of anything to say a number of years ago.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
CobyRed25

Post by CobyRed25 »

Hello! Name's Patrick. I'm from South Carolina, recently picked up my first Mosin after getting permission from SWMBO (she who must be obeyed). I'll be making a thread about it soon.

Nice to be here!