New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Asolostory311

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Asolostory311 »

Hello everyone!!!
Mach g

Post by Mach g »

Hello everyone in this forum, I’m Christopher Hannah , and am member of forum…… and am really glad to be back here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vmaxim

Post by Vmaxim »

Hello everyone, i have recently bought a finnish m39, I hope to learn new things here!
Spinks8824

Post by Spinks8824 »

Hello everyone, bought my first Mosin after many years that makes 8 Mosins, and I have lots of other various milsurps. Found this forum while doing some research, hope to learn some new things and maybe share some of my knowledge.
Laager

Post by Laager »

Hello, just joined and looking forward to seeing if I can learn something new.
jlaw87

Post by jlaw87 »

Hello, my name is Jess and I have a firearms problem....I just don't have enough crusty old war guns 😂
But I did just buy my second Mosin earlier this week 🤩
hcs

Post by hcs »

Hi
I'm Henrik from Denmark.
I have been collecting German K98k rifles for a long time, but now I would like to buy and know more, about the Mosin Nagant.
Looking forward to check out the forum... :D
NotBahroo

Post by NotBahroo »

Heyo all i finally joined after having 2 mosin's
1937 Tula [SA] marked unrefurbished
1938 Tula Refurbished
1926 Izhevsk Ex-Dragoon refurbed
1965 SKS Arsenal 26
1936 S/27 K98k
Firebolt1176

Post by Firebolt1176 »

Hello,

Making a new post here after shooting Mosins at the range (and wrestling with sticky bolts on my refurb M44) a few times these past couple weeks. Hope to learn more from this forum.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Firebolt1176 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:23 am Hello,

Making a new post here after shooting Mosins at the range (and wrestling with sticky bolts on my refurb M44) a few times these past couple weeks. Hope to learn more from this forum.
Looking forward to it!

Welcome!

Darryl
sfurby

Post by sfurby »

Hi,

After many years of .303 shooting and having watched my friends with their MN rifles, I am about to buy my first one, I will probably be asking several questions to cover off my lack of knowledge.

Regards

Steve
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

sfurby wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:01 am Hi,

After many years of .303 shooting and having watched my friends with their MN rifles, I am about to buy my first one, I will probably be asking several questions to cover off my lack of knowledge.

Regards

Steve
Welcome to the forums!!!
We are here to help you out.

We have a load of long time Mosin people here.
Unlike other forums that have a hundred "experts" that just got into Mosins last few weeks.

The guys here know their stuff and have been into Mosin for years.
They wrote the book on Mosins, not just read it.

Darryl
Boltoperated

Post by Boltoperated »

Was looking for the Gunboards Forum that I used to love frequenting years ago, maybe this is it, God only knows what I’ve found here. I miss the wealth of information exchanges we had in that forum, been absent from that community for a time now but duty called, many years spent in distant lands and life took some twisty roads. Not new to gun collecting but new here, I suppose, and look forward to a place where like minded collectors can meet.
TommyFdUP

Post by TommyFdUP »

1st post own 2 mosins atm and have owned 6 total. Current 2 are 1925 tula all original numbered rifle with bayonet. and 1926 Izhevsk with non matching stock outta the crate no bayonet.
Love the way a Mosin shoots and feels. Been my Deer gun since I was 12 lol
Last edited by TommyFdUP on Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChiefWhackABuck

Post by ChiefWhackABuck »

Hi all,

Joining to learn more about Mosins, as I love historical weaponry and am looking to expand out of just modern arms.

I'm looking to acquire this one. Don't believe it's special, but open to thoughts from others. I'm thinking it's just a standard 91/30, but not 100%

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ChiefWhackABuck

Hi all,

Joining to learn more about Mosins, as I love historical weaponry and am looking to expand out of just modern arms.

Found a Mosin someone is trying to part ways with, but I'd like to do some digging and see what it's worth.

ChiefWhackABuck

Darryl wrote:
sfurby wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:01 am Hi,

Regards

Steve
Welcome to the forums!!!
We are here to help you out.

We have a load of long time Mosin people here.
Unlike other forums that have a hundred "experts" that just got into Mosins last few weeks.

The guys here know their stuff and have been into Mosin for years.
They wrote the book on Mosins, not just read it.

Darryl
This would be immensely helpful. Looking to acquire some in the near future and have no clue what they're worth or if they're special to any degree. But learning the intricacies of historical pieces like the Mosin is intriguing.

Jhondo

Post by Jhondo »

Hello. I'm a Newby here and am looking forward to learning more from all members.
dimon

Post by dimon »

Hi there. I am a new board member, but I am familiar with Mosins. I just treated myself with a Remington 1917 M91, dressed up in all original stock with all matching numbers, but Finn Civil Guard stamped...go figure:)
I look forward to learning more from "mosinnuts" around the globe.
firstchoice

Post by firstchoice »

Hello and Merry Christmas to all! I've been lurking for a while and finally joined this evening. I have the 1891/59 Mosin-Nagant (1943) that I'd like to know more about. I have the M38 Mosin-Nagant (1944) that I'd like to know more about the stock. It doesn't have the bayo cutout like the M44's. I have what was called an "Ex-Sniper" 91/30 Mosin-Nagant (1943), and a 91/30 Mosin-Nagant (1942) that I want to know more about. I bought all these at least 20 years ago and set them back during my "I have a C&R License, and I'm going to use it!" days. So, I'm looking forward to hearing from the experts when I post them up.

firstchoice