picked up a VEPR on monday.

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
rusko75

Re: picked up a VEPR on monday.

Post by rusko75 »

Yep, easy to clean too, as its AK based and you know those things tear down real easy. It also has a chromed lined barrel too, so it cleans up easy.
All shots fired in that video is good ol milsurp ammo.
Striknine

Post by Striknine »

I picked up one of these when they were on sale for $699, best rifle I own and I have quite a few rifles. I also took the original wood stock and hand guard off and installed the Carolina Shooters Supply AR style hand guard and an ATI adjustable stock. Very nice upgrades that turn a hunting rifle into a battle rifle. Another upgrade that was well worth the money was a Krebs Bolt hold open safety lever. I don't like that AK's don't have this feature.
After a few trips to the range with the VEPR I absolutely love it. Mine is chambered in 54R too. Very loud and quite a large fireball but I usually put 150 rounds down range when I go. I also have a M38 mosin that I take with me. The recoil on the 54R VEPR is not so bad compared to Mosins in general. I will be installing a brake here soon and im sure that will help cut down on the recoil.
All in all, its very well built, fit and finish is top notch, and ammo is still very cheap. I wouldn't spend the money Arsenal is asking for a saiga when I can have a VEPR.
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: so bad ass!
Joethehuman

Post by Joethehuman »

Excellent choice! And great price, I paid way more than that for the one I bought. I loved it, very simple. If that is the 16.5 be ready for a beast. The blast and pressure from the muzzle are ridiculous! Super fun to shoot especially because its 54r and it was easy to clean. I traded mine sadly and still miss it.
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

Joe, here is my 16.5 barrelled beast at the range
http://youtu.be/QCGfz3VG86w

And FWIW I paid 899 for mine. It was with my tax return so I don't feel too bad. I tried to buy from the LGS but he wanted 1200 for it and wouldn't budge to anywhere near the internet price from where I bought it....shit he wouldn't budge at all, SO I had it transferred to his shop.....15 bucks for the transfer fee and I was on the road.
mosin430

Post by mosin430 »

rusko75 wrote:Joe, here is my 16.5 barrelled beast at the range
http://youtu.be/QCGfz3VG86w

And FWIW I paid 899 for mine. It was with my tax return so I don't feel too bad. I tried to buy from the LGS but he wanted 1200 for it and wouldn't budge to anywhere near the internet price from where I bought it....shit he wouldn't budge at all, SO I had it transferred to his shop.....15 bucks for the transfer fee and I was on the road.
alot of the shops where paying retail for guns and had to charge more because of it i know a local shop that never gouged and then this happened and they had to buy at retial prices or have no stock to sell and they had veprs for 1200 before the law passed in this commi state

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

Nah, i've gone to these guys faithfully since day one, they did the ol gouge and rape as soon as the prices started climbing. They'd low ball people on trades and then mark them through the roof after they got possession of them.

I told them i'd like to keep my money local and support his shop as I always have, he said no. I told him that i'd do 900 cash, plus tax. He said no. I told him that I can get it asap online for 899 shipped,you sure you don't want to keep the sale here? He said GO FOR IT. So I went for it. He wasn't too pleased in transferring it to me, but what can one do? I did exactly as he wanted. I tried numerous times to get him to be flexible. Not once did he go for the human approach and talk civily to me, he shouted across the shop to an employee that was acting as a quasi translator. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable as I was going out of my way to be curteous to the employee (who appologized for his bosses behavior btw.) This is the same guy that always started a sale out with "CASH IS KING, you have cash and we can deal on the price." I was willing to put down close to 1k to keep the sale local, and like i've said before, I was a very good customer to them. WAS....now they handle my transfers.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

My first response would be to never do business with them again. But with them doing your transfers, they get to see everything they COULD HAVE sold you. Cudos.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
mosin430

Post by mosin430 »

rusko75 wrote:Nah, i've gone to these guys faithfully since day one, they did the ol gouge and rape as soon as the prices started climbing. They'd low ball people on trades and then mark them through the roof after they got possession of them.

I told them i'd like to keep my money local and support his shop as I always have, he said no. I told him that i'd do 900 cash, plus tax. He said no. I told him that I can get it asap online for 899 shipped,you sure you don't want to keep the sale here? He said GO FOR IT. So I went for it. He wasn't too pleased in transferring it to me, but what can one do? I did exactly as he wanted. I tried numerous times to get him to be flexible. Not once did he go for the human approach and talk civily to me, he shouted across the shop to an employee that was acting as a quasi translator. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable as I was going out of my way to be curteous to the employee (who appologized for his bosses behavior btw.) This is the same guy that always started a sale out with "CASH IS KING, you have cash and we can deal on the price." I was willing to put down close to 1k to keep the sale local, and like i've said before, I was a very good customer to them. WAS....now they handle my transfers.
then thats a different story screw em I know a few of my frequently visited ffls where purchasing at retail and had to mark up to keep a supply of guns

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

BubbaDX wrote:My first response would be to never do business with them again. But with them doing your transfers, they get to see everything they COULD HAVE sold you. Cudos.
Exactly. Its a matter of principle now. Now I go browse their selection and if they have something I like i'll hold it and get a feel for it. Then i'll buy it online. The guy who was graciously yelling across the store handles the transfers so he has to grin and bear it when we are doing a transfer now.

I'd do away with them period, if it wasn't for their low transfer fee, lowest in the city of 15 bucks. With that low price you get an asshole doing the transfers but I can handle it for the 10 minutes i'm there.

As a matter of fact, we are picking something up from them today :chuckles: I will be posting pics of what I got in a few hours. :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

As with the auto business gun sales seems to attract more than it's share of plain shitheads. I know exactly the sort, in fact he just lost his FFL, and may yet end up in prison for "irregularity's" in the paperwork. Now there is only one gun store in town.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:As with the auto business gun sales seems to attract more than it's share of plain shitheads. I know exactly the sort, in fact he just lost his FFL, and may yet end up in prison for "irregularity's" in the paperwork. Now there is only one gun store in town.

Yikes thats one place I hope to never land. Funny you mention the auto business, I was shopping for a replacement for my soon to be 100k mi car. I hit 3 dealerships, first one I was approached by an older gentleman who seemed to be hopped up on drugs, no thanks we'll hit another dealership. Next one, got a punk kid that really fumbled the deal, we walked...too bad for him. The third we got an older very nice gentleman who treated us like family. He and his manager were quite the team, and you could tell there was a mutal respect between them and this flowed to us the customer. They got the sale and I came home with a nice lil family hauler......

Customer service goes a long way. ;mywink;
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice car :), you do know that in the 21st century even inexpensive econoboxes routinely go more than 200,000 miles ?
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

I know I know, but value tanks at 100k. Its nice to be back into a car with factory warranty, this has full factory warranty. Its a '12 that just turned 10k when I drove it home. More money for mosins and 7.62x54r ammo!!!!

The guy that had it before me traded it in because he got tired of the 6speed manual.... :brolleyes:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Friend of mine just traded off his '94 Buick Roadmaster for a Civic, he had 450,000 miles on that car. He is the sort who gets attached to things, he still has a cell phone from 1999, and he is a cheap bastard. Six speed, you will have fun with that :) I prefer a manual transmission myself.
Theodore Roosevelt
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

How dare those molot employees try and make a quick buck capitalist style! Didnt we win a cold war over this shit or something? LOL sorry just thinks its kinda ironic
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

I actually have a vepr in .308 was my first rifle and did my research all the saiga guys are jealous haha! (well a lot)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They lost and now we get to ploay with their toys, tough shit, nobody forced them to go commie in the first place.
Theodore Roosevelt
srv1
ban
ban

Post by srv1 »

I remembered my VEPR 7.62x54R. It was brand new in the box. Never got a chance to fire it :vsad:

James